The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happened to look behind the Tow Hook cover in the front Bumper Cover. I saw that there is a metal plate but no tow hook mount. Please help. I am interested in putting a Tow Hook License plate bracket .

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I happened to look behind the Tow Hook cover in the front Bumper Cover. I saw that there is a metal plate but no tow hook mount. Please help. I am interested in putting a Tow Hook License plate bracket .
You "happened" to look behind what you claim is the "tow hook cover" on the passenger side of the front bumper of your 2020 Nissan Altima.

Why do you think that the cover you removed is covering a "tow hook" location? What gave you the impression that a "tow hook" resides behind what you believe to be a "tow hook cover"? Where did you come up with that information?
Do you know what is behind that small piece you removed? The front bumper is behind it.

Nissan, in their 2020 Nissan Altima Owners manual, a copy of which should reside in your glovebox, says this in pages 6-13 thru 6-15, In case of emergency.

Tow chains or cables must be attached only to main structural members of the vehicle. ∙ Do not use the vehicle tie-downs to tow or free a stuck vehicle.

Nissan never mentions the words "tow hook" in the Owners manual.

2020 Nissan Altima Sedan | Owner's Manual and Maintenance Information | Nissan USA

1 - 2 of 2 Posts