The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2020 Altima S 2.5 and use as a commuter car so most miles are interstate miles. I’ve been averaging around 37.5 mpg and when I completely fill my tank the mile indicator shows in the high 500s last night my gas light came on with still over 100 marking the amount of miles left on the tank. It’s been hot so I have been running the ac more but this was weird because the numbers were dripping down fast within 1 mile it dropped 10 miles. It did this to the point of scaring me to fill up at the next station. My needle had just hit the red and never moved even as the numbers dropped. My gas light doesn’t usually come on until I’m at the 80 mile mark or less. When I fueled up it said I had 609 miles now and dropped to 607 before I pulled away from the station. I never get that high of a mileage count on a tank, 580s at the most. I drove a mile to the interstate and it dropped 3 miles. I had the ac off. I just serviced my car a week ago. Is it bad gas or o2 sensor? I ruled out filters since it was just serviced and I only let Nissan service it. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I have a 2020 Altima S 2.5 and use as a commuter car so most miles are interstate miles. I’ve been averaging around 37.5 mpg and when I completely fill my tank the mile indicator shows in the high 500s last night my gas light came on with still over 100 marking the amount of miles left on the tank. It’s been hot so I have been running the ac more but this was weird because the numbers were dripping down fast within 1 mile it dropped 10 miles. It did this to the point of scaring me to fill up at the next station. My needle had just hit the red and never moved even as the numbers dropped. My gas light doesn’t usually come on until I’m at the 80 mile mark or less. When I fueled up it said I had 609 miles now and dropped to 607 before I pulled away from the station. I never get that high of a mileage count on a tank, 580s at the most. I drove a mile to the interstate and it dropped 3 miles. I had the ac off. I just serviced my car a week ago. Is it bad gas or o2 sensor? I ruled out filters since it was just serviced and I only let Nissan service it. Anyone have any ideas?
My 2014 is doing the exact same. I have to take it to be diagnosed, but I believe it to be a fuel sensor or fuel gauge sensor issue. Not a mechanic but taking a shot in the dark has to what it may be is all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts