The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased new (demo with about 1000 kms) in January 2021.
This is a true long distance road car. Have made a few trips to Yukon, approximately 16 hours of driving. Comfortably drove 8+ hours. Only stopping because accommodations where very limited further along the highway.
At 22 I discovered front wheel drive Renaults. They were incredibly comfortable. Tougher mechanically than Asian cars or North American small cars, they could be driven at speed all day long. These cars all had less than 90hp and 80-90 mph was easily maintained. You just had to shift gears.
The Qashqai is the first car I have driven that was as comfortable at speed for long distance driving. Allowing a CV transmission to operate true to its original design is a revelation. It is better in winter driving at speed than anything I have driven before.
I know there are larger cars offering the same capabilities, but I have always liked small cars and Nissan (probably thru it’s association with Renault) has produced what may be the best.

· Registered
3,404 Posts
It is precisely Renault's association with Nissan that has driven Nissan quality off a cliff as of Y2K.

I watched Renault butcher AMC back in the day and those Renault cars were some of the worst I have ever seen. They even then took the less than the best AMC designs to drive them into the ground, AMC reliability as bad as it was died as soon as Renault 'improvements' began to set in.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know. I had experienced both the two. But I prefer Renault for its appearances😀
I agree whole heartedly. Sadly, Renaults have not been sold in Canada for many years. I am sure that it is collaboration between Renault and Nissan that led to the Qashqai being the car it is. Would we have purchased a Renault, absolutely.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Renault made the gigantic mistake of buying AMC. They abandoned all the small Renault dealerships and had AMC dealers selling just one Renault, rebadged as an AMC along with AMC products. It was a disaster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts