The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2020 Sentra SR, I had the sunroof and windows open. When I accelerate I notice a mild rattling sound from underneath the passenger side. It's very annoying. I have taken the car to three Nissan service departments, they can't find a thing wrong with the car. Has anyone else experience this issue? I have 1800 miles on my car. I also hear the rattle when I first start the car, it lasts for about 20 seconds.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes same,
I took it in twice now and they test drove 3 other new 2020 Sentras and they said they all make that loud rattling noise. I complained to Nissan consumer affairs. They said sorry we can't help you. Really?????? So I bought a new fully loaded 2020 Sentra and it sounds like a 20 year old car. I complained to the GM and he is saying he can maybe trade it in for a different vehicle. Why would Nissan release cars with this problem?

·
Registered
396 Posts
A possible exhaust pipe heat shield that has a broken weld. After 20 seconds of running, the heat buildup tightens the broken weld spot thus quieting the rattle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I own a 2020 Sentra SR, I had the sunroof and windows open. When I accelerate I notice a mild rattling sound from underneath the passenger side. It's very annoying. I have taken the car to three Nissan service departments, they can't find a thing wrong with the car. Has anyone else experience this issue? I have 1800 miles on my car. I also hear the rattle when I first start the car, it lasts for about 20 seconds.
I have the same issue with my 2020 Sentra. It makes a rattling noise on the passenger dash. Or at least that’s where it sounds like it’s coming from. It sounds like there’s something loose and rattling around in the glove compartment. But I’ve checked and it’s nothing losses or anything like that. Sucks I can’t hear it when it’s parked. It’s only when I’m going pretty fast like on the freeway. Have you found a solution to this issue? Any advise would help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes same,
I took it in twice now and they test drove 3 other new 2020 Sentras and they said they all make that loud rattling noise. I complained to Nissan consumer affairs. They said sorry we can't help you. Really?????? So I bought a new fully loaded 2020 Sentra and it sounds like a 20 year old car. I complained to the GM and he is saying he can maybe trade it in for a different vehicle. Why would Nissan release cars with this problem?
Same issue here. rattling noise from passenger dash area.

I joined this forum to find out if others have this issue. So I’m going to take it in to the dealer to get it checked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same problem Nissan dealership said it was the return fuel line from the passenger side going to the fuel filler housing they move the hose and noise went away

·
Registered
1 Posts
me too. Have you figured out the cause?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nissan off Middletown ny fix it in 20 min they said it was the return fuel line from the fill up neck the move it and problems went away
do you have the information of the technician that helped you. i called the dealership and they could not help me with any answers. I'm from Texas and need information to take to my dealership so they can perform the same repair and fix the issue on my vehicle. any information you can provide would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
do you have the information of the technician that helped you. i called the dealership and they could not help me with any answers. I'm from Texas and need information to take to my dealership so they can perform the same repair and fix the issue on my vehicle. any information you can provide would be appreciated.
[/QUO
No other info he just told me it the return fuel line from the fuller neck no repair sheete

1 - 14 of 14 Posts