The Nissan Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger windows, left-rear, right-front, and right-rear, will not operate all of a sudden. I purchased the vehicle with 3 miles on it a month ago and currently have approximately 900 miles on it. Driver window operates as it should. I would like to also note that the window lock is not engaged. I have cycle power and window lock status multiple times.

I am also having remote engine start issues intermittently to where to remote engine start will not activate has it should. In my previous vehicles with RES, if a window was rolled down to any degree, the vehicle would not start. I am curious if these two issues are interlocked.

Thank you in advance,

BBAFDad

·
Registered
1 Posts
My passenger windows, left-rear, right-front, and right-rear, will not operate all of a sudden. I purchased the vehicle with 3 miles on it a month ago and currently have approximately 900 miles on it. Driver window operates as it should. I would like to also note that the window lock is not engaged. I have cycle power and window lock status multiple times.

I am also having remote engine start issues intermittently to where to remote engine start will not activate has it should. In my previous vehicles with RES, if a window was rolled down to any degree, the vehicle would not start. I am curious if these two issues are interlocked.

Thank you in advance,

BBAFDad
Has this issue been resolved and how? Because I am having the same issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Thank you in advance,

BBAFDad

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi , I am experiencing the same issue. I returned my Nissan Sentra to the Dealership the person who checked it in saw that the windows were not working. Then another person came out and saw they were not working. When the mechanic came out to check the vehicle he did something and they worked temporary. Then the mechanic stated they were not able to find anything and said they are not going to submit any paperwork on this🥺. A few weeks later, I am experiencing the same problems with my windows not rolling down on the passenger and rear windows. Not sure what to say at this point but to return my Nissan Sentra back to the dealership. Evidently this is an on going issue with Sentra. I do have a full warranty. Any suggestions and guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Worth2000

·
Registered
6 Posts
No, unfortunately this issue has not been resolved. I am going to file a complaint to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration at www.nhtsa.gov this website monitors the effectiveness and safety recalls of vehicles.It gathers data to determine if a recall is needed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I discovered the same issue this morning on my 2021 Nissan Sentra SV. It was very cold, mid teens at most. After the engine was running ten minutes all the windows worked. I think this is a cold temp issue. That said, I’ll follow up with Nissan to make sure it doesn’t happen again. I bought this car new, last year in July. It was manufactured February.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I discovered the same issue this morning on my 2021 Nissan Sentra SV. It was very cold, mid teens at most. After the engine was running ten minutes all the windows worked. I think this is a cold temp issue. That said, I’ll follow up with Nissan to make sure it doesn’t happen again. I bought this car new, last year in July. It was manufactured February.
No, unfortunately this issue has not been resolved. I am going to file a complaint to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration at www.nhtsa.gov this website monitors the effectiveness and safety recalls of vehicles.It gathers data to determine if a recall is needed.
I went to the Nissan dealership and they kept my car over night and still was unable to discover what the issue was. They stated they would order a senor to see if that's the issue. The Nissan dealer will call me when the part arrives. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I have the same problem. At first it was intermittent. Now the three windows don't operate at all. I am due for my 20,000 service, so we'll see what the dealer has to say.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The windows started working again. I anticipate bringing my car in for state inspection, oil change, and brake line flush in a week or two. I intend to let them know about the windows, but if they are working when I bring it in, they probably won't be able to do anything. But I will report here what they tell me. I also need to tell them that the automatic braking system likes to kick in for no apparent reason. That has happened a few times.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue here. My daughter was leaving to go back to college today and she wasn’t able to roll passenger window down as she was leaving. She thought it was the window lock, but she toggled the lock, still no movement. Only the driver side would work. The other 3 would not. I called to get her into service for warranty.
This evening she tells me that they work now. That her friend and her tried a few things. The windows would roll down when car was unlocked.
That can’t be right, could it?

·
Super Moderator
631 Posts

Thank you in advance,

BBAFDad
Try the following FSM procedure:

INITIALIZATION PROCEDURE
1. Disconnect battery minus terminal or main power and window door lock/unlock switch connector. Recon-
nect it after a minute or more.
2. Turn ignition switch ON.
3. Operate power window switch to fully open the window. (This operation is unnecessary if the window is
already fully open)
4. Continue pulling the power window switch UP (AUTO-UP operation). Even after glass stops at fully closed
position, keep pulling the switch for 2 seconds or more.

CHECK ANTI-PINCH FUNCTION
1. Fully open the door window.
2. Place a piece of wood near fully closed position.
3. Close door glass completely with AUTO-UP.
• Check that glass lowers for approximately 150 mm (5.9 in) without pinching piece of wood and stops.
• Check that glass does not rise when operating the main power and door lock/unlock switch while lowering.

·
Registered
1 Posts

https://askgsmart.com/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Last week, the dealer replaced the Master Switch. It was covered under the new vehicle warranty. It has been working okay since it's been replaced. The official part description is SWITCH ASSY-POWER, part no. 25401-6LAOA. The whole process took less than an hour.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts