The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had these installed yesterday, does anybody have any idea what the tire pressure should be on these tires since they're a different size from stock? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I have another question. Is it normal for new, slightly wider tires to vibrate at highway speeds? I mean, the car is fine during city driving, but as soon as I hit the highway I get vibrations in the steering wheel. Is there like a break-in period or something? It's been awhile since I've bought brand new tires and I've never tried plus sizing like this before so I'm a little nervous. And the weird thing is, I don't get as heavy vibrations in turns, it's only when I'm driving straight. It feels like the tires are following where the road is taking them more than the stock tires did. I'm wondering if the suspension is too soft to handle wider tires on the 2.5 S. I know that the 3.5 has stiffer suspension so maybe that's it. I don't know. All I know is that the guys at the tire place don't seem have a clue about anything and I don't have time to take it to a dealership and have them take a whole day to tell me it's the new tires.:angry2: Know what I mean? And then of course there's always the possibility that the tire place just didn't balance the new tires correctly or at all. I guess what I'm asking is if anybody else has experienced this with plus sizing their tires or if I'm just really lucky.:confused:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I took it back to the tire place and had them rebalance the wheels. They said that because they're factory wheels, you can't put a weight on the outside of the wheel or something so it's very difficult if not impossible to get them balanced perfectly. What I don't understand is, how is it that I never had a problem with balancing the wheels with the original tires? Anybody? Anybody?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts