The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an opportunity to get a ka24 for free that came out of a 240sx, aside from the intake manifold is there anything else thats different about this engine?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for your help:rolleyes: , the only things i plan on using from the engine is the block and heads, this should be the same as the altima block and heads right?

edit: ive been searching for an hour and havent found the answers im lookin for so dont just tell me to search

·
Registered
512 Posts
Maybe you're searching in the wrong section. Look in engine performance section. Also the 240's motor would never fit into an altima so you're wasting your time. Unless you want to swap some internals which would be somehow useless being that we have almost the same things just that the altima's are sorta stronger (i think). Something you might look into is what i've been hearing about putting a sohc bottom wiht a dohc head or maybe its the other way.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
no 240 block or head will work in an altima.

and as far as internals, i remember reading that the altima's exhaust cam is actually better than the 240.

the head will DEFINITELY NOT work. and both are inline 4 and only have 1 head, not heads.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
pistons, rings, rods, valve train excluding cams. i think the crank is different too. the rod bearings may be the same.

everything else is different.

it's like the bluebird sr20 and the silvia sr20. they are DIFFERENT!

·
Hit and Runs Suck
2,692 Posts
A few people have mentioned that if you take the pistons and rods from a SOHC 240 KA and put them in the DOHC altima, it will get you approximately 11.5:1 compression. I have heard this mentioned a few times, but cannot verify it myself. I would the 240 KA if it's free, and research this option. I mean, if it's free, then why scrap it just because it's not a direct bolt in. If nothing else, you could resell the motor on eBay.

·
*New Member*
2,860 Posts
^ yes if you take out pistons from a early model KA24E (SOHC) and swap them into the altima, you will get a compression ratio close to 11.7:1. this is legit info because many people have done this and are currently running with this setup.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
^ Chuck your right about the exhaust cam...

·
Registered
437 Posts
alosamitla said:
Maybe you're searching in the wrong section. Look in engine performance section. Also the 240's motor would never fit into an altima so you're wasting your time. Unless you want to swap some internals which would be somehow useless being that we have almost the same things just that the altima's are sorta stronger (i think). Something you might look into is what i've been hearing about putting a sohc bottom wiht a dohc head or maybe its the other way.

"Something you might look into is what i've been hearing about putting a sohc bottom wiht a dohc head or maybe its the other way. [/B][/QUOTE] "

What type of crack is this guy on??? It must be that uuuhhhhweeeeeee!!!!!!! :D

·
22,052 Posts
Oleh said:
^ yes if you take out pistons from a early model KA24E (SOHC) and swap them into the altima, you will get a compression ratio close to 11.7:1. this is legit info because many people have done this and are currently running with this setup.
Many?

Name 3...or 2......shit, name 1.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts