The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
105hp OWNS
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys a friend of mine has a 240sx and he is going to get new cams for his car, is it possible to put his old cams in my 95 altima. If so is it worth it, or is it really no big diffrence. Hit me up with what all you guys think about it, lol or know.

·
105hp OWNS
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This topic was already started but it wasnt to clear, WILL THEY OR WON'T THEY WORK IN THE CAR?

·
:-)
2,049 Posts
i read somewhere that it did... but don't hold me to that, im not positive. Ill search my bookmarks to find it.

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
no one has actually ever done this. I've heard it will and i've heard that it won't. Even if it does, it won't help at all. The only reason why the 240sx is faster is because it is RWD and it is lighter. Also has something to do with the exhaust. Internals from the 240sx will not help, and even if they did, it's not worth the money and the time to do it. You're better off getting new performance parts specifically made for the altima.

·
Registered
657 Posts
the exhaust might fit, but it wont do you any good. a lot of 240 owners are actually taking that cam from us because it is a better cut thatn theirs. It might be the intake cam, but same story. The reason we cant switch both is one of ours drives the distributor and in the 240 it doesnt so. 1 fits (but might hurt performance a bit) and the other doesnt. I havent seen any others except for regrinds and the quality of those would be questionable

1 - 7 of 7 Posts