The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of the 240sx? I saw a 94? for sale cheap and I was wondering what the potential is for the car? I mean it has a KA24DE, but what parts are out there for it? I know that Top End has the turbo kit for it. Hotshot has headers if you went NA. Is SE20DET swap is possible? How about S/C for it? How strong is the the trans and rear end in that? Also is it an independent rear?

·
enthusiast and consultant
279 Posts
it's an SR20DET engine you're thinkin' of. as far as parts are concerned, there's a lot of aftermarket for that car. the KA24DE is a strong engine, it'll last through a lot. The 240 Transmission I don't really know too much about. But all together, the 240 is built to withstand a lot of abuse. You could always throw in the SR20DET but that's cash, supercharging I don't think they have one for it.

·
they call me the butcher
1,975 Posts
240sx's are real nice
do a sil-eighty conversion and ull have a fast and nice looking ride

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
i suppose they do have a few more performance options than we do, but they are just as fast stock, and built just as good as ours. I chose the Altima b/c i like the 4-door. If you want the 2-door, then go for it, but they are a little smaller on the inside.

personally, i'd keep the Altima, but a 240sx has some good potential, more than the Altima at least.

·
Registered
572 Posts
oh yeah...it's RWD. -you can drift.

·
hard on equipment
714 Posts
There is plenty of potential for those cars, with or without the swap. I've seen a KA24 powered 240SX pushing close to 400hp - with upgraded internals and a decent sized turbo.
And I think '94 was an S14, wasn't it? The sil-Eighty's were S13s.

·
Registered
475 Posts
94 is an s13, the 95+ models in the US are s14. the rearend is nice can be lsd or non, most models of the s13 are standard w/o lsd. as for the sr question, its really up in the air at this point as to the swap or turbo the KA, if your KA is in good shape it ends up being cheaper/faster to just turbo it. Now if you have serious cash you can buy the sr20det and put it in and spend even more getting more performance parts to make her really fly. You're looking at 5000+ for the SR installed, you can get an fmax turbo for less. You might want to wait for a 95 s14 if you're in it for looks, just bide your time you'll find one......I just bought a 96

1 - 10 of 10 Posts