The Nissan Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard we can use these on altimas! Is this true. Second, how hard is it to boar out the throttle body and what would be the best diameter.

·
projected member
255 Posts
not sure if you can use a 240 throttlebody. you'll prolly hafta switch the linkage over and i'm not sure if it's any bigger.
you can't just bore out the throttlebody. it's gotta be perfect and then you'll hafta cut a new throttle plate

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking of swiping a throttle body off a maxima at a junk yard. Then using that plate and grinding it down to specs or a mustang throttle body etc?

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
a 240 sx throttle body would not help at all, seeing as how they use the same motor. A maxima wouldn't help either due to the fact of it being a totally different motor all together, it would not bolt up.

JWT has said that we (the Altima) have the largest throttle body for a Nissan, not counting the twin turbo Z from over 6 years ago.

It has been confirmed that the auto is larger than the manual by 5mm.

The only TB worth swapping/can be swapped is the auto TB from THE SAME YEAR altima for your manual. That's it! And please make sure it's the same year

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
zEk-sss said:
What are the advantages to swapping a TB ?
more air into the engine = more power and better throttle response. 5mm won't be much at all. You might feel it a little, but with all bolt ons and either a turbo or nitrous, you'll feel it a lot more.

·
Illest in Nebraska
892 Posts
Yea I got the 5mm already (auto :( ) but I'm always up to learn something new, seeing as how I didn't know that I figured I'd ask Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
186 Posts
joehotrod said:
i think a throttlebody off an auto alty is bigger than a manual alty by a few millimeters
Yeah its true. its bigger by 5-6mm or some shit like that

·
Registered
186 Posts
just like 1fastaltima said.

sorry dude didn't read to the end of the post.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was thinking of boring out the manual as much as I could then taking a larger throttle plate off another car then matching that diameter to the larger bored hole. I may need to custum the butterfly clip. I figure If I can bore it to the maximum I can can alot more power with more fuel/air ratio.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts