The Nissan Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
VTEC wont save you....
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was driving to work tonight and had to start taking the access roads due to construction being performed on I-35 highway.I was sitting at the light bumping some Beanie Mack,when a red 240sx (1990 bodystyle) pulls up next to me.The dude driving glanced over and I didnt really look back over at him.He looked totally stock.

Anyway the light turns green and I must admit I didnt think he was goign to run me.But after I heard him chirp from the start I knew it was on.I hit second and started to pull back on him.He must have hit third and he started pulling a lil and by the time I hit third we were about to hit the next light.OK....now I am pissed.

We get to the next light and this time he looks over and smiles.I am just waiting for the light to turn green so I can hand him his ass.This time I am ready for him.....or so I thought.Light turns green and I get the slight jump on him through 1st,I go to second and he starts pulling hard....I run second till almost 5900 rpms and go to third,and this dude is already a half car length ahead.i shut down in third at about 67mph cause it was over....he had at least a full carlength.It was pititful....really.

I know 240 are RWD and probably geared different,and I didnt hear any turbo spooling so a DET swap is out of reason.What the HELL did this dude do to be so quick with a KA powered vehicle.I have ran against many 240sx before and smacked them down.WTF did this dude have that made HIS 240 that quick???Comments..

EDIT: RICK,I guess I didnt have to go to the track to get humbled:D;)

·
enthusiast and consultant
279 Posts
stupid me, oops, hahaha. KA24E is weaker. but yea, the 90's models got a DE version too, and with a rear wheel drive, it being lighter then the U-13 chasis, and also a high compression ratio, you were bound to get beat somewhere.

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
Sounds like he turned the NOS switch on the second run ......The 92 with the KA24DE with I/H/E at the track at the last race I went to ran 16.2's .....

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
i seen a 92 run 16.3 against me, he had intake, header, exhaust

·
dismember
9,326 Posts
:confused: i totally took my friend's 89 240sx 5spd. ya it had a straight pipe and wasnt runnin as strong as it should. i usually lose about half carlength from 0-40ish. but i usually put couple lenth on him after we get up to 80-90.
i have an auto too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
actually i used to have a ka24de in my 240 and when i ran at the track i got a 15.7 with a k&n and a full exhaust. thats it nuthin else and i aint gonna say that i am that good a driver thats why, it was only my second time on the track. so 240's are pretty quick and i beat the shit outta alot of honda's and acura's. gsr's are the best to beat cuase they think there shit is sooo fast, yea bullshit, now that i've got the sr20det most honda's aint shit Hahaha.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ohh yea i aint got nuthin against altima's there tight to see fixed up better then stupid ass civic's and accord's. i like all other imports, mostly. lates

·
Decepticon
118 Posts
240's are pretty quick!! Definately not to be taken lightly!!! I don't know if he had NOS or not , but they are even stock quicker than a stock Altima. Don't the newer 96-98 have the same engine as the Altima but just turn around for rear wheel drive????:confused: Anyway its lighter than an Altima so maybe that had something to do with it!!! Could you hear if he had any mods or not??? and what have you done to your car???

·
Registered
30 Posts
i am so disappointed with 240's though! my buddy's accord eats em, as does my max. . . . i thought for the sporty version they would be alot quicker ya know. why does japan get all the cool stuff. ok, whre does your car redline at? you said you shifted at 5800. if i were you i'd take her all the way to the rev limiter before bangin the next gear. . . .but that's just me.

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
L-Train said:
240's are pretty quick!! Definately not to be taken lightly!!! I don't know if he had NOS or not , but they are even stock quicker than a stock Altima. Don't the newer 96-98 have the same engine as the Altima but just turn around for rear wheel drive????:confused: Anyway its lighter than an Altima so maybe that had something to do with it!!! Could you hear if he had any mods or not??? and what have you done to your car???
Actualy stock VS. stock they are about equal ... All of the moded 240SX's I have seen have a hard time breaking into the 15 sec. area .... I would go as far as saying a stock 93 Altima SE would beat any of the years 240SX ..... They had the KA24DE from 92 up .. rated at 155 HP , but being RWD they loose some because of the extra drivetrain load ..... I have driven neumerous KA24DE 240SX's and have yet to feel one that is a squick as even my moms Stock 93 Altima GXE .....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts