The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
9:15
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
altimateone said:
I plan to replace my tires with 245/40 when the time comes. If you want to be on the safe side +45mm would be better with a tire that size.
Its the wheel drama all over again Curtis! Thing is. . they don't make the wheel in +45mm spec! :sad: What do you have again. .+42mm right ?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
It's such a tough call bro. I could go either way. :sad: I would do it. How often do you have people in the back seat anyway? Even if you did rub, it wouldn't be all the time (I would assume). If the tires don't fit, you can always return them (as long as you don't drive on them). When I got my rims put on, this guys put 20's on his Envoy with a 305mm width tire. It touched on the inside near the shocks and he said he wanted new ones. Not sure how much they charged him or if they even charged him at all but I know he didn't pay for the tires. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask them to mount one tire in the back, put the car on a lift and see it it could rub at all.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Jaystarzz said:
^ there you are ya bum :p You get my e-mails ? Thing is. . these would be shipped to me. I'm thinking worst come to worst, roll the fender lip. . and you're right, I have people inmy backseat like. . once a year lol
Yeah, I got your emails. Did you get any of my replies? I sent you the numbers to a couple of spots in the Bronx you should check out. Maybe in this case, you may want to get the wheels at a shop instead of online. That way if the tires don't fit, they can send back the old tires and get you new ones, like they did with that dude with the Envoy. So the hassle is on them instead of you. All you do is drive to and from the place when they come in. Plus, I know that when I did my research, my rims/tires were cheaper at actual shops than online anyway.

·
Fibre Customs
14,959 Posts
Jaystarzz said:
Its the wheel drama all over again Curtis! Thing is. . they don't make the wheel in +45mm spec! :sad: What do you have again. .+42mm right ?
nope, that same size +40mm. But if I knew way back then what I know now, I would of tried for a +45mm!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Jaystarzz ..... yes you will rub with 245/40-19 on a 19x8 with 40mm offset. I have a set of TSW Thruxton 19x8 with 40mm and Fazlken FK451's in 245/40/19 and I have a slight rubbing issue. Car is lowered with a Prokit. I rub with my 13 year old daughter in the back and I also rub thru left hand high speed sweepers. 90+ mph and I rub. I had my friend at a local budy shop trim the inner fender lip trimmed by about 1/4" and no more rubbing. You could also roll the lip the old school way with a wooden bat.

·
281-330-8004
1,339 Posts
we have gone through this in the past. There is a chance you may rub but keep in mind that it all depends what brand of tire too...JerryJ can attest to this. I have hanook 245/40 and I just moved 500lbs not including myself and had no issues at all. Matter of fact my 235/50 kuhmo's look as wide as the hanooks

·
9:15
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the input fellas . . unfortunately +40 is the only (closest to +45) offset I can get the wheel in.. I think I'ma go for it & **** around with the fender lip if need be. The tire I have in mind is the Hankook Ventus K104 as well. . well I guess I'll see how it goes , Thanks peoples. ..

·
Fibre Customs
14,959 Posts
aLtWeEzY said:
we have gone through this in the past. There is a chance you may rub but keep in mind that it all depends what brand of tire too...JerryJ can attest to this. I have hanook 245/40 and I just moved 500lbs not including myself and had no issues at all. Matter of fact my 235/50 kuhmo's look as wide as the hanooks
JerryJ has +45mm on his 19X8's

·
Fibre Customs
14,959 Posts
Jaystarzz said:
thanks for the input fellas . . unfortunately +40 is the only (closest to +45) offset I can get the wheel in.. I think I'ma go for it & **** around with the fender lip if need be. The tire I have in mind is the Hankook Ventus K104 as well. . well I guess I'll see how it goes , Thanks peoples. ..
well you can go 245/35... thats what I'm running with no rubbing problems

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Jaystarzz said:
Yeah I know. . I just think 35 is too small for these shitty NY roads :sad: The extra sidewall with the 40 makes me feel a little safer. . but not much really
Believe me, you want as much meat as possible on your rims. Driving around here is shitty. The difference between my stock 16's and the 19's are night and day.

·
Fibre Customs
14,959 Posts
the 245/40 is what I plan to replace mine with later so if there is a slight rub problem like the guy previously said there was with this size combination, I guess I'll have to roll my fender in the rear.But who knows all Alti's are not equal, it might not rub.. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts