The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2fast2furiousinNH
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hi Guys:

Has anyone installed 255x18x8.5 tires yet on their Altima?

If yes, How do you like them? Which tire did you purchase, where?

How much is your car lowered?

Are they slower than the OEM tire/wheel combo you started with?

I purchased four silver Nismo wheels(18x8.5") and can't decide to go with 245's or 255 tires, but like the extra 0.5 inches of width on the 255's.

If you have any pictures please post them up for all to see.

Thanks,

·
2fast2furiousinNH
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grimm_Reaper38 said:
altimat is the only one I know of that has them, me and altimized02 have 255s on 19s but not 18s.
Any issues running 255's? What tire do you have?

Did you notice a big difference when you upgraded to 255's?

·
Registered
156 Posts
You would need an offset of 40+ to deal with 255s

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
i have them on 19x8 45mm offset with 255/40/19 eagle f1 gs-d2. im dropped with tein coilovers, and yea i got rubbin issues.but i think its due to my system and tall tires. are they slower? yup my 19s are heavy mofos but they look badass.

·
2fast2furiousinNH
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Grimm_Reaper38 said:
i have them on 19x8 45mm offset with 255/40/19 eagle f1 gs-d2. im dropped with tein coilovers, and yea i got rubbin issues.but i think its due to my system and tall tires. are they slower? yup my 19s are heavy mofos but they look badass.
How big a drop with the Tein Coilovers before you notice rubbing?

I'm only dropped 0.9" front, and 0.4" rear. A 255/40/18 tire mounted to a 18x8.5 rim with 45mm offset should not be a problem. Right?

Wanted to stay close to original OEM tire/wheel diameter as stock.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
It only rubs in back, I think my back is dropped around .75 inch in back, I know its pretty much as high as I can raise the back on the coilovers. But my tires are 27" tall as opposed to the stock 26.3, and my system drops the back a good half in to a inch. So those two screw my back up as well. The front is fine, Im at a 2" drop in front and I got no problems but the back is where you will run into issues.

·
2fast2furiousinNH
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Grimm_Reaper38 said:
It only rubs in back, I think my back is dropped around .75 inch in back, I know its pretty much as high as I can raise the back on the coilovers. But my tires are 27" tall as opposed to the stock 26.3, and my system drops the back a good half in to a inch. So those two screw my back up as well. The front is fine, Im at a 2" drop in front and I got no problems but the back is where you will run into issues.

Ok Grimm,
Thanks. Then I'll plan to go with a final tire/wheel diameter of 26.03, and with a 0.4" drop in the back on the Nismo Suspension, it sounds like the 255's will be no problem with the new Nismo Altima wheels(18x8.5).

How about wheel width?

Did you notice a big performance improvement on the 255's in cornering, versus the stock wheel?

·
Registered
156 Posts
manibal said:
How big a drop with the Tein Coilovers before you notice rubbing?

I'm only dropped 0.9" front, and 0.4" rear. A 255/40/18 tire mounted to a 18x8.5 rim with 45mm offset should not be a problem. Right?

Wanted to stay close to original OEM tire/wheel diameter as stock.

You should not have any problems at all. Since yours are 18 with a 40 sidewall compared w/ 19" with the same 40" sidewall

·
2fast2furiousinNH
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
djdirect said:
You should not have any problems at all. Since yours are 18 with a 40 sidewall compared w/ 19" with the same 40" sidewall
Thanks man!

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
manibal said:
Did you notice a big performance improvement on the 255's in cornering, versus the stock wheel?
um honestly my stock wheels were 4 sets of tires ago and about a year or so ago and I just remember they were scary tires that squealed too much and I was happy to get rid of them. So pretty much ANYTHING is a improvement over them. The 255/40/19 Eagle F1s feel REALLY planted in the corners but I really cant say its due to the extra tire width, the fact that these are really sticky tires probably is what helps more so than the extra width. Sorry I couldnt be too much help. I believe altimat went from 245/18s to 255/18s but I could be wrong, he might be of more help than I can be.

·
2fast2furiousinNH
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Grimm_Reaper38 said:
um honestly my stock wheels were 4 sets of tires ago and about a year or so ago and I just remember they were scary tires that squealed too much and I was happy to get rid of them. So pretty much ANYTHING is a improvement over them. The 255/40/19 Eagle F1s feel REALLY planted in the corners but I really cant say its due to the extra tire width, the fact that these are really sticky tires probably is what helps more so than the extra width. Sorry I couldnt be too much help. I believe altimat went from 245/18s to 255/18s but I could be wrong, he might be of more help than I can be.

Thanks.

Besides Eagle F1's, what other tires did you try and like or not like?

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Yokohama AVS ES100... VERY good tires, woulda got them again in 19 if them made them in 19s.

Nitto 555.... waste of money and not very sticky, didnt like them and glad to get rid of them, Not as good as the yokohamas, dunno why everyone says they are so great.

Nankang NS-II ... never really tried them to much, cause I pulled off these ones for the Eagle F1's after like a few days. They seemed ok but I didnt push it too hard, nankang tires arent the greatest for high performance.

Eagle F1 GS-D2... last years tire, got them cheap off a discount tire place and love them. Stick really well, havent had any problems in the turns, seems to handle pretty well. With the Tein setup the car really handles well, sticks to the corners really well.

·
2fast2furiousinNH
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Grimm_Reaper38 said:
Yokohama AVS ES100... VERY good tires, woulda got them again in 19 if them made them in 19s.

Nitto 555.... waste of money and not very sticky, didnt like them and glad to get rid of them, Not as good as the yokohamas, dunno why everyone says they are so great.

Nankang NS-II ... never really tried them to much, cause I pulled off these ones for the Eagle F1's after like a few days. They seemed ok but I didnt push it too hard, nankang tires arent the greatest for high performance.

Eagle F1 GS-D2... last years tire, got them cheap off a discount tire place and love them. Stick really well, havent had any problems in the turns, seems to handle pretty well. With the Tein setup the car really handles well, sticks to the corners really well.
Cool. Thanks.

I was thinking about the Michl PS2's, but I'll take a look at the Eagle F1's and Yoko AVS's too.

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
I picked up a set of 255/40ZR18 ContiSportContact M3s cheap. My 245s were PS2s and they were great also. I have zero rubbing issues with the 255s on the Rays 18 x 8.5 +45s and they stick great! Noticeable difference over the 245s.

·
2fast2furiousinNH
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Altimat said:
I picked up a set of 255/40ZR18 ContiSportContact M3s cheap. My 245s were PS2s and they were great also. I have zero rubbing issues with the 255s on the Rays 18 x 8.5 +45s and they stick great! Noticeable difference over the 245s.

:cool: Thanks Altimat for that info. If you aren't have any issues, then I'll go with the 255's on the Nismo wheels.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts