The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 GXE
My lights flash (3x) when I lock my system (I turned the horn off), but I don't get any response when I unlock it. It has to be a simple fix...anyone out there have a reference on how to do it? I've had a few Alty rentals that flashed on lock and unlock so I know it should work.

thnx....Bo

·
coffee black and egg whit
2,745 Posts
when the horn is disabled .....the lights should flash only when u lock it...unlock will not flash the lights...that is normal

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FiReMuNkI said:
...unlock will not flash the lights...that is normal
It is definitely normal on my car....but I could swear some of the rentals I've had recently (I rent a car every weekend travelling on business...90% of 'em are Alty's :D ) flashed when I unlock them.

I'm thinking the dealer might have to update the computer....

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a 2000 GXE and my flashes when I unlock the driver door and flashes 2 times and when I unlock all the doors. Also if I lock my doors the horn beeps and flashes 2 times.

·
350Z
7,755 Posts
hold the lock + unlock on the keyless entry for 3-5 seconds. Your car should flash 3 times. This means that horn is turned on. When you lock it flashed+beeps, when you unlock it will flash but no beep.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
osama,

i'll have to try that when i get home....but what i'm really after is all flashes and no beeps....

btw...my dome light comes on when i unlock as it's set up right now, but that doesn't help matters much b/c my tint is too dark :cool:

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
If you've disabled the horn chirp, the hazards will only flash when you lock the car. They won't flash when you unlock it. That's the way the system's designed. There's nothing wrong with your car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts