The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting enough, I see a NICE unique radiant ember aka orange exterior maxima in my neighbourhood recently. He did a custom grill change, that was black, and everything else pretty much looked STOCK. Everyone some reason HATES the 2k4 shape, but I LOVE the eccentric exterior actually... too bad frigging orange is discontinued and it could use a RWD and a Acura TL interior.

I followed him a bit until traffic cleared. I paced him, letting him know at the front redlight, I wanna run him. It was almost already green, we had a few secs to settle down though...

Off the line, I was a bit ahead because my wheels are 16inch hubs. He was about 3/4 of car behind me up till 80mph or so.

HWY race... we both head to the onramp... I guess my reaction was a bit slow, and he just floored it out of nowhere... I was half a car behind him from 50-100mph, no gain no loss...

Shit, next time I should leave it in the tiptronic, that way if he floors it before me, I can immediately get power in 2nd still... but no good for zay tranny...

:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
when I first got my 05 se, My friend who sold me the car drives a orange maxima. We raceds 4 times, I won 3 out of 4. Only because of the launch. It was a drivers race. He was auto also btw.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
what kind of maxima? the 6th gen ones?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts