The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally got an Alti for my own. I bought one for my wife (Velvet beige 3.5SE sport package) about 8 months ago and she got to drive it everyday so i never had a chance except on the weekends. So I traded in my taurus and bought a Black 3.5SE with Prem. Leather Pckg. to call my own. These have to be the best cars I have ever owned. I just wanted to share my good news.:cool:

·
Disproportionate Member
716 Posts
Nice man! Congrats! What color interior?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the charcoal leather interior. It definately gives the car a "luxurious" touch. Black on black should be pretty f...ing hot in the summer, but a very small price to pay for a car that looks this good.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been reading the mods for our Alti's on this site. I will modify mine as soon as spirng comes around.(WAI, Exhaust...etc) The wifes I wont touch. She has a speeding problem as is. She dont need any more ammo. But i do!!! Also I definately will get a grill, but which one I have not decided. Thanks all for the great information on this site.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Congrats on the new car....someone really loves the Altima! :)....although if it were me I would have gone for an '04 Max or G35 just to have some variety in the house.

Goomba said:
I have finally got an Alti for my own. I bought one for my wife (Velvet beige 3.5SE sport package) about 8 months ago and she got to drive it everyday so i never had a chance except on the weekends. So I traded in my taurus and bought a Black 3.5SE with Prem. Leather Pckg. to call my own. These have to be the best cars I have ever owned. I just wanted to share my good news.:cool:

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,287 Posts
Congrats..You should have got the Mazda 6 it handles better:p :bonk:

And it is a lot slower to keep you out of trouble:D

·
Harley Polly
570 Posts
Goomba said:
I got the charcoal leather interior. It definately gives the car a "luxurious" touch. Black on black should be pretty f...ing hot in the summer, but a very small price to pay for a car that looks this good.
Congratulations, Goomba! I have black on back, I live a bit north of you, same weather. I install Heat Shields if my car is going to be parked in the hot sun for more than a quick stop. They're high quality, reflective window covers (all windows), custom made for the Altima, so they're exact fit. I have a picture of these in my registry, click below. BTW, are they both automatics, or one of each?

PG:D

·
Rock & Roll Outlaw
649 Posts
Beige & Black

I can not imagine my wife in a 3.5 SE Altima.

I agree with AltimateCarDriver on the following statement:

....although if it were me I would have gone for an '04 Max or G35 just to have some variety in the house.

Willy isn't the Mazda6 a Ford?

Good luck keeping that Black beauty clean.

·
Registered
938 Posts
The Mazda 6 has a Ford engine, as for the handling if you look at skid pad results, they can be attributed to better tires on the 6. With stiffer springs our Altis will run circles around a 6. I am quite confident stock vs stock on a race track the Altima would have faster lap times, but might be more to manhandle. The 6 is probably like the Protege, it feels incredibly precise and responsive but does not post the best tested results, it just feels good!

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,287 Posts
You guys take shit too seriously..I was kidding about the Ford 6:)

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
The Ford engine in the Mazda is of the Dura-Tec series. This engine in SVT trim, was rated as one of the ten best by Ward's several years ago. And it is a fine V6.. certainly one of the best you can get.

On the other hand, the "bolt ons" to this engine have left something to be desired in the last couple of years. These "bolt-ons" cannot be removed because they include the computer. I had a 2000 SVT Contour (#379 out of 2150 for the year), and I had constant problems with throttle hang. This was designed into the software in order to cause any fuel which might have puddled in the intake manifold to be burned off, thereby keeping the EPA weenies happy.

Such a shame because, were it not for this problem (and one other one which may have been related), I would still have that car. I have never driven a sedan capable of the performance levels that the SVT Contour could produce. The handling would give a BMW 3-series morning sickness. The braking was incredible. And the feel of just going down the road with this thing was a sheer delight with steering (2.7 turns lock-to-lock) and tracking like you wouldn't believe. And corning? How's a .92g on a 200 foot skid pad with the KWD g-force (stock) tires sound? The SVT had designed into the rear end a 5 degree passive steering so that turn-in was unreal.

Oh well. You have to wonder why Ford didn't jump on this and correct it BEFORE releasing the car.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Goomba said:
Now if you could only drive both at the same time.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have a customer couple that have two: a black and a white 2.5S...but they are divorced.

Congrats and welcome.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts