The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched on this subject for a while and haven't found any clear answers. I just bought the altezza taillights for my 2000 Altima and want to make sure I install them correctly. What exactly is the best sealant to use, and exactly where is it applied? I also read on a post somewhere that on of the wires isn't long enough and has to be extended? What does this mean and how do you do it? Thanks in advance for any tips on this installation procedure.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha, Ha...I don't care what anyone says, I think they look good -especially on a silver car like mine. I've never installed tail lights before and want to make sure I don't end up with a pool in my trunk the next time it rains. I'm sure it is a pretty simple install, just trying to get everything straight.

·
the trailer's rockin
877 Posts
why couldn't you just search, instead of embarrassing yourself? it's been said many times here that all you gotta do is remove the tails, clean of the black goo, replace goo and tails, checks for leaks using a flashlight!!!

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
meh, i guess they're ok
i just can't get used to seeing altezzas on the Altima (either gen)
not my taste. but i've seen worse

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
why not search for tail replacement.. because if someone replaces the rear tails (stock, SE-L) it should be the same for the cheesy pile of crap called Altezza tails...

or does the sheer uglyness of them cause folks to have to replace them blindfolded?

·
Registered
28 Posts
ahh, c'mon, they're not that bad - they look good on the 3rd gen altimas......heck, Odirt's altezzas look better than that airplane wing he's got stuck on the back of his trunk (hehehehe, just kiddin', dirt).............

·
Haze Grey and Underway
114 Posts
I did it

I put mine on the first day I recevied them. I don't know, I like any that makes my car stand out just a little bit more than the norm. I have been getting some looks, good and bad, but I don't care. It's my car so there.

P.S. When I installed them, the wires were too short. So Snip, Strip, and reconnect. Don't forget the sealeant.:bigok:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:confused: How do you extend the wires (Snip, Strip, and reconnect)?

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
victor said:
why not search for tail replacement.. because if someone replaces the rear tails (stock, SE-L) it should be the same for the cheesy pile of crap called Altezza tails...

or does the sheer uglyness of them cause folks to have to replace them blindfolded?

Ditto.
Fawk Altezzas.:flip:

·
Registered
346 Posts
n e one think theyll look good on black?....or should i just keep the se-l's.....i am happy w/the se-l's but i wanna know how the altezzas they would look on my car.....

·
the trailer's rockin
877 Posts
lazarus_long said:
ahh, c'mon, they're not that bad - they look good on the 3rd gen altimas......heck, Odirt's altezzas look better than that airplane wing he's got stuck on the back of his trunk (hehehehe, just kiddin', dirt).............
too bad that ain't my car, jackass!!!!!!!!! mines black and stock. that one belongs to drew4one, that's why it says drew4one at the bottom of the pic!!!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts