The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
www.keepitflush.com
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday i decided to try and take off my front grill and paint it black because it seemed to be sorta faded, so i took off the 3 screws and 2 caps and nothing came off and the bumper just got lose. it seemed like the grill itself is glued to the bumper. Any one have any ideas?

·
its a sleeper. really
751 Posts
Yeah, I've wrestled with my front grill, it and the front bumper are one piece. I began cutting it off with a dremel, but did not get very far before giving up. If you check out my reg you will see that I just covered it up. I think the 2nd gen stock grill is the ugliest thing about our cars. Good luck trying to enhance your front end.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
its too hard to come up with a replaement that looks good...reason being the hood does not meet the highest point of the bumper...the signature bar is in between...in my opinion, any replacement with out the signature bar would be ugly...a couple kits do eliminate the signature grille by raising the highest point of the bumper to even out with the lowest point of the hood, and it looks flush and nice...but with the OEM front, no grille change will look nice...

·
Breu Meister
6,646 Posts
phantasmo yes yours does look hot...as with your car. I think you have the best looking second gen around. do you have the stock fog lights still?

·
TopNotch MI Founder
1,659 Posts
AltiChrisSE01 said:
those are painted headlights, black - no reflectors for the parking lights (totally black)
yep yur right... when you do, use flat black not gloss...

w/ the fogs, i never had stock fogs... and i replaced the ones i had w/ smaller ones that are on the very bottom...

and thx guys for the compliments... :cool:

·
You Can't Front On That..
350 Posts
The plastic in the grille and bumper is pretty soft. A sharp box cutter will cut it nicely, a dremel will only chew it up. Take a couple of slow passes with the knife and it will separate, then undo all the screws. Only do this if you have a good replacement. Don't just wing it like I did...

Is there some way we can all just badger some company to make us a grille insert?!

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
costa said:
Is there some way we can all just badger some company to make us a grille insert?!
Active Tuning comes to mind. :)

They probably just need a second gen in their area that they can work on...

·
You Can't Front On That..
350 Posts
Well i think we should 'urge' them to help us out. I would gladly offer up my car, but I'm in Maryland...

This should be the official 2nd gen grille haters thread...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts