The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does someone have an FSM that can scan it for me? I want to use the existing wiring harness and relay. I've searched and I know it's here somewhere but can't find it.

What I really want to know is where the wires go from the relay. I know where the fogs plug into but are there wires in the dash that I can hook up to a switch or something? I was out there today in the cold testing the contact with a muti-meter and I have an idea what's what, but want some more info before I attck my next little project.

My aftermarket fogs are kinda ghetto wired/powered off of the corners/signals. Looking at installing a second set in the openings and moving the ones I got beside my license plate.

·
The Saga Continues......
3,303 Posts
i've had my stock fog lights wired up to the corner lenses as well as to a switch. if factory fogs did not come stock on ur car, then ur not gonna have the wires or the relay in ur car. so here's what u do. the factory fogs have two wires. one is ground and the other is power. connect the two ground wires together and then find a suitable ground. then take both power wires and splice them together. then take that wire and run it up through the firewall and up into the space by your dead pedal. then take the wire with a fuse linked into it and connect that to the battery. take that wire and run the other end into the area with the power wire. then just connect a switch to both of those wires and mount wherever u desire. there ya go. estimated time of install, about 20 min. hope this helps. ~ ed

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
actually thats not true, well atleast in my case, i had all the wiring all set for my fogs, from the harness in the front to the rellay to the wiring on the steering collumn, the wiring harness (if u have them) are right behind where the stock fogs should be and they'll be coiled and taped up

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stillen23 said:
i've had my stock fog lights wired up to the corner lenses as well as to a switch. if factory fogs did not come stock on ur car, then ur not gonna have the wires or the relay in ur car.

For your information, I do have the wire harness from the relay to the fogs as well as the socket for the relay to plug into. All I need is the fogs themselves with the brackets, the relay and the steering column stalk.

so here's what u do. the factory fogs have two wires. one is ground and the other is power. connect the two ground wires together and then find a suitable ground. then take both power wires and splice them together. then take that wire and run it up through the firewall and up into the space by your dead pedal. then take the wire with a fuse linked into it and connect that to the battery. take that wire and run the other end into the area with the power wire. then just connect a switch to both of those wires and mount wherever u desire. there ya go. estimated time of install, about 20 min. hope this helps. ~ ed
I know this information man. I have installed aftermarket fogs already and understand the electronics behind installing them. What I want to do is to use the existing hardware since I will now be installing the factory fogs! I want it to look as much like stock as possible.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
well i did this myself, if you want to install the OEM fogs just take off the bumper and screw the fogs in then clip the bulb to the wiring harness then go to any auto shop and pick up a relay for a horn or something i paid about $5 bucks, then you'll just have the get the light switch from an SE altima, take off the plastic around the steering column(twist off the round thing around the ignition and there are 4 screws on the bottom and it just comes off) take off the switch and undo the wiring clips and youll see these 2 wires with a small clip taped up, thats for the fogs, when you get the SE light switch you'll see a spot where that fits into, then just put everything back and your done

voila, i've cloned the front end of an SE, minus the body colored bar :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts