The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they are the same engine, but what else is involved. I just found a 2001 w/ 5k miles for $800.00. Help please.

Jason

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i just searched all posts that alex has posted, and i still have no clue what the prob would be if any. i'm gonna pm this thread to him.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alex M said:
hit me up on IM....be glad to answer any ?'s you have
great, i'll be looking for you

My local junkyard has a 94 (55,000) for $800; a 01 (13,000) for $800; and an another 01 (5,000) for $850.

Pick what two i'd be interested in....

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
Alex M said:
hit me up on IM....be glad to answer any ?'s you have
noooo, post here please. cuz asleep altima is thinking about the same thing :)

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I chatted with alex a bit ago, a very helpful and informative member on this site, unlike alot of these kids that want i high post count.

From what i got out of it, everything bolts up the same, you just need to swap the intake manifold, the distributor and some of the other electrical components. He said all the additonal sensors are in the 2nd gen intake manifold, so us 1st genners could just use are manifold and pretty much from there on out it is just a normal swap, except if you have an aftermarket pulley, it may grind a little.

Correct me if i was wrong alex

Thanks again man
Jason

·
Registered
626 Posts
It is a basic install...take the better parts of both(alternator, water pump and so on...) but you are going to have to use your manifolds

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
jason, so the motor and the head itself is a direct swap over right? rest of the running gears we can just use the 1st gen?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sizz....go to there website, they have an online search

chia....i believe and hope that is correct.

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
i will be doing the install soon... but now im not getting my refund till the 20th. i already have the cherry picker waiting and 2-3 able helpers. so... now just the money part. but im gonna get big gains from this cuz of the pulley, lightened flywheel and act clutch, will also be a good time to install the bigger grounds.:)

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
bish, u better help me with the reground on my pos :D
tranny too :eek:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts