The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I believe there is 2 bolts/screws that hold the trunk latch on in the trunk. I my 1st gen I removed some of the carpet around the latch, unbolted it, and moved it down further and tightened. If you adjust it too much, your trunk will sit lower than the other panels of your car. I had a system with 2 12" in it and it helps some of the rattling.

Oh yeah, this is aaron1017! I am just using my sisters computer.

·
Banned
186 Posts
My trunk squeaks too. It only happens when I go over speedbumps or things of that nature. I actually sounds like the rear suspension is cold and squeaky(like when you drive it for the first time in a long time). But I go and push down on the trunk and its squeaky.

·
*Donating Member* Senior Member
3,664 Posts
when I had my spoiler put on, there was a screw rattling from within the trunk, it was in the roof of the trunk lid and would rattle when I went over a bump...finally, I just slammed my trunk lid a few times and the screw just fell out..no more problems....I think a spolier will weigh down a trunk enough...before the spoiler, I had could just unlock the truck and it would come up all the way, now when I unlock the truck I have to pull it up right away or it locks again....

what spoiler do you have?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts