The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I hate my Altima.
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This time with my stock automatic 93 Alty; with spare and full interior . . I managed to break into the 16's once. . . here are the details. Again; I raced at Raceway Park - Englishtown, NJ.

1st run:
bad, 17.487 @ 79.33MPH

2nd run:
16.930 @ 80.73 MPH

3rd run:
17.150 @ (forgot the trap speed; this slip is in my car still)

-Wisky

I am proud that I broke into the 16's .

·
I hate my Altima.
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For each run, at every time (even my 1st time at track) I torque braked, all over 2000RPM; however, the lower my 60' time, the less my 1/4 time is. . so it goes to show you that all my times depended on the quality and quickness of my launch. Midrange and Highend can't really have variables on an automatic car; so its all that 1st 60feet that matteres I think.

Funny how people call altimas slow and rag on them; when I was NO WHERE NEAR the slowest car last night; people ran Camary's that did 18's, bunch of GMC's and Trucks that did high 17's - 18's. . . there were slower Cavaliers, and some "fast and furious" style VW's (side graphics, kit, looked good) that ran 18's and 17's . . . so all in all; I think my crappy; heavy (3080 lbs), slow, 100% stock, slushbox, grocery getter did very well with it's 16.930 . . .

-Wisky

·
I hate my Altima.
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh and also; wednesday is very busy (part of the fun for my friends who arent racing, not fun for me who wants to race and not watch) because wed. is Muffled and Unmuffled street vehecles; meaning all the muscle cars and drag cars and other non-imports or street car's are there as well as us street car guys. I dont know how busy it would be in a friday, I am guessing it would be less busy as far as racers go; but more busy as far as spectators concidering friday is STREET NIGHT ONLY.

·
T-$ pennies bish
2,965 Posts
Funny how people call altimas slow and rag on them; when I was NO WHERE NEAR the slowest car last night; people ran Camary's that did 18's, bunch of GMC's and Trucks that did high 17's - 18's. . . there were slower Cavaliers, and some "fast and furious" style VW's (side graphics, kit, looked good) that ran 18's and 17's . . . so all in all; I think my crappy; heavy (3080 lbs), slow, 100% stock, slushbox, grocery getter did very well with it's 16.930 . . .

-Wisky [/B]

Nice! I still have my 2 and half year old K&N sticker unused....the filter is still in great shape after 70K on it....I was hoping the sticker would give me that extra 5hp;) < but I knew the competition would 'fear this' if I slapped it on the side of my car

:D

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
i was never the slowest car at the track when i ran my altima. There are a shitload of kids around here running 19 second cars. It is cool running my altima when i had some modifications, no one ever expects an automatic altima to be deep into the 14's. not that fast in the scheme of things, but enough to leave a WTF look on alot of faces.

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
T money said:
:cool: I swear Rick just from what mods you did to your Altima I am highly tempted to do the same. What ever happened to it? Why the switch to the Neon?
i sold it to my buddy (PHX Altima II) who is registered here, but rarely posts. It is broke down right now with a leaky tranny seal, but it should be back on the road shortly.

I bought the neon because it was cheap and i wanted a car with more potential for all sorts of racing while still getting good gas mileage and insurance rates. Neon is easily 1 second quicker stock than my altima was with all the bolt-ons (without nitrous of course)

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
T money said:
Nice. So do you road race it or just drag?
i want to get into some roadracing and auto-x this fall, but so far all i have done is drag raced it (only 4 track visits thus far)

·
I hate my Altima.
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im guessing your neon is 5spd, cause those 3 speed automatic's are dogs! But I seen alot of fast neon's, they're quick, light cars from what I can see.

Take the spare and jack out next time.
I would; but it would probably get stolen . . . everyone either has someone else hold the spare, or chains it to the fence. . . perhaps I can just ask someone with a pit-truck to keep an eye on it? Next time ill take the spare and all the junk in my car that doesn't need to be there out . . . maybe I can break 16.8? . . ok ok. . im pushing it :D ;) :p .

-Wisky

·
I hate my Altima.
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oops Rick; I just read that you have a 99 Neon . . ignore the 3speed auto comment; as I think those were from earlier neon's.

-Wisky

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
Wisky said:
oops Rick; I just read that you have a 99 Neon . . ignore the 3speed auto comment; as I think those were from earlier neon's.

-Wisky
of course mine is a 5spd. all automatic neons are slow as piss and not worth the effort imo.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts