The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Nissan Altima 2002 2.5 SL . My car takes a long time for it to switch from 2nd to 3rd gear, basically from 40mph to 60mph it takes a really long time. Anybody have had an similiar experience, and what may cause this?

·
There's a brake pedal?!
996 Posts
I have a Nissan Altima 2002 2.5 SL . My car takes a long time for it to switch from 2nd to 3rd gear, basically from 40mph to 60mph it takes a really long time. Anybody have had an similiar experience, and what may cause this?
umm you mean 3rd to 4th? Dont forget you already start in 1st gear because its an auto, and usually it switches into second around 20mph, then 3rd is shortly after. It should be 3rd to fourth in that area, and these transmissions blow, the 3rd gear is longer than any of the others, it sucks ass. Do it take a while then shifts smoothly, or it shifts hard

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it takes a while to shift it ends up shifting smoothly tho and it makes such a weird noise when i hit on the gas like a raddling noise

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
Where are all those threads that talk about the 2nd to 3rd gear slam? My wifes car has been doing that lately and it's killing me.

·
Registered
317 Posts
There are two issues that I can picture...

1. You have a bad grounding wire in your transmission pan. There is a nissan service bulletin floating around that has details on how to fix it. It's relatively simple...Drop the pan, unbolt a wire, resolder it, put everything back together.

2. You have a transmission flare-up ( a worn out band between gears )
Here is an example of my flare-up I was having on my transmission:

YouTube - ‪2003 Nissan Altima Transmission Flare-Up‬‎

Ideally, for your sake I hope you have issue #1. Its cheap and easy to fix.
The fix to #2 is either a new transmission, a shift kit and reprogram, or some pseudo-band tightening procedure.

·
Riding Dirty
488 Posts
I had the similiar issue on my car, it would get bogged down when accelerating from 40-60 and the RPM would shoot up from 2 to 4k like that video above. Then back down to 2k

I got a synthetic transmission flush done and it has been awesome since then! The car even with a light foot on the gas(2-3K RPM) increases speed like crazy! The RPM rises smoothly and speed goes up fast too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "shlomstir, gönderi: 3947840, üye: 92492"]
Bir Nissan Altima 2002 2.5 SL var. Arabamın 2. vitesten 3. vitese geçmesi uzun sürüyor, temelde 40mph'den 60mph'ye çok uzun sürüyor. Herkes benzer bir deneyim yaşadı ve buna ne sebep olabilir?
[/ALINTI]
'Selam
Could you give detailed information, please?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts