The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hotshot Performance is looking someone to volunteer their car so HS can prototype the headers on. Volunteer would get a free set. Contant them if interested.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
HS, eh?
It's funny...after $tillen anounces they're making
some, HS decides to join in. Ah, competiton...don't
cha love it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
someone do this! Stillen stuff sucks! HS always made better stuff with LOTS more HP!! just look at the QR25 and SR20 headers!

We represent the east coast! anyone who is close do it!! you might be without your car for a few days, but free headers!! :eek: Im sure they will install them too!!!

·
aim: Nism025
1,680 Posts
hey there's no need to talk iiish on the HotShot Headers, i have them and am completely satisified with my purchase.

·
Registered
26 Posts
AFDM02 said:
Hotshot Performance is looking someone to volunteer their car so HS can prototype the headers on. Volunteer would get a free set. Contant them if interested.
only the 3.5 motor?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hotshot Performance
1418 Arrow Hwy.
Irwindale, CA 91706

Tel: (626) 303-0076
Fax: (626) 303-1146

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
i got one.... what's u guys opinion on h.s. i dont know too much about them.... can someone fill me in on their history? i might be interested... need to do a background check....

·
Registered
953 Posts
Somebody tell H.S to make the 3.5 headers smog and emission legal.

·
Shift_This
153 Posts
Don't go knocking Hot Shot, my friend has one on his SpecV and it's a great mod. Great sound, respectable power, and looks good. And unfortuantly it's not smog legal it elimanates the cats. He did get a custom pipe made from Stromung so that the SAS light would not come on. The only problem he had with the header was that one of the bolts didn't line up perfectly.
And I'm looking for any options other than $tealin. He's a rip off and a bullshit artist. Somebody voulnteer their car. I wish I was out on the West Coast so I could.

·
Registered
21 Posts
NISMOMarc said:
Don't go knocking Hot Shot, my friend has one on his SpecV and it's a great mod. Great sound, respectable power, and looks good. And unfortuantly it's not smog legal it elimanates the cats. He did get a custom pipe made from Stromung so that the SAS light would not come on. The only problem he had with the header was that one of the bolts didn't line up perfectly.
And I'm looking for any options other than $tealin. He's a rip off and a bullshit artist. Somebody voulnteer their car. I wish I was out on the West Coast so I could.
I'm his friend, and I have the hotshot header. Marc was close in his explanation, but here's the details.

The first cat was eliminated (primaries from the stock manifold are welded to it, no choice)

The header did bolt right up, but one of the welds on the first primary was a little out of sorts, so the stock manifold nut needed to be ground down a bit for clearance. That took all of 5 minutes.

The pipe I got from Stromung is just their catback midpipe, with a resonator and o2 sensor bung welded in. The second cat is still on the car, right in front of the midpipe. You just take the secondary o2 sensor, lengthen the wires, and install it under the car.

All in all, it was a great buy at $390 to my door. Gains were great.
I did need the resonator as alot of guys with the stromung cat back and hotshot header complained about it sounding like a chain saw without the resonator. It sounds great now. Hotshot is a great company. You guys should try and get a set made.

·
Parts & Service Manager
1,812 Posts
I think that if you are worried about smog issues, then you don't want a header, because to make a good enought gain the pre-cats would have to be removed. Go another route for power. I want no cats, and I don't care about smog.

·
Life, Liberty, Pursuit of
1,320 Posts
I will be the hotshot header prototype
the fitting up of the prototype headers will be done between 3/13 and 3/19 at Hot Shot. My car will be there for two weeks.

I will let you know more as it develops

CARB!? Wee don' need no stinkin' carbs, we gots fuel injekshun!

Oh, yeah I live up here in conservative northern arizona, where people still wear guns on their hips and nobody cares about smog.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think that if you are worried about smog issues, then you don't want a header, because to make a good enought gain the pre-cats would have to be removed. Go another route for power. I want no cats, and I don't care about smog.
The Pre-cats are there just to help out with cold start emissions.
That's why their so close to the exhaust ports. The idea is that they'll light off quickly and burn off a lot of the Hydro Carbons tyat would otherwise get by the main cat befreo it could light off.

You can still pass with out them, you just need to make sure your car is at normal operating temperature when you car is smogged.

·
Parts & Service Manager
1,812 Posts
The point is, if you want power, and the more you make, emissions always suffer. I just want more power. The talk isn't what the pre-cats do, its about what they do when the are not in the car.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts