The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Proud owner of an 06 SE-R
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got some friends that work at the Smyrna, TN Nissan plant, who are always updating me with info on the new Altima.

Heres what i heard a few days ago...

Nissan has been testing the 3.5SE on a track and so far the tested top speed is 157 mph... but it still had some pedal to go... the driver backed off b/c it was "scaring him"... theyre projecting about 170 mph top speed.

Ill try to get more info as soon as possible.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
i think it was car and driver estimating the 3.5 SE's 0-60 time as 6.28........ faster than the Q45 and 00-01 Maxima SEs

·
Registered
71 Posts
come on now kiddies....170 mph in a bread and butter nissan NOT that i couldn't be done but why? hey you never know....

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
WILLDOGS said:
I read somewhere that the Altima was going to be sold with a top speed of 145-150MPH. I will try and find it again...
speed limiters.....

·
Registered
116 Posts
AltimaMan said:
Nissan has been testing the 3.5SE on a track and so far the tested top speed is 157 mph... but it still had some pedal to go... the driver backed off b/c it was "scaring him"... theyre projecting about 170 mph top speed.
With the right gearing, 240hp should get over 150mph if the aero c/d is reasonable. It would take somewhere around 320hp to get to 170mph (with the right gearing). So that report is BS.

·
Proud owner of an 06 SE-R
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: 3.5 SE Speed tests...

dgoodhue said:

With the right gearing, 240hp should get over 150mph if the aero c/d is reasonable. It would take somewhere around 320hp to get to 170mph (with the right gearing). So that report is BS.
Is it BS? I guess i dont live near where its built and tested, and have plenty of connections with Nissan. And i guess i didnt have the dealer brochure 2 months before the dealers got it. And like i said... "projected top speed" i didnt say it WILL hit 170... i said they ran it at 157 with some to go. So its an estimate. Read the words i use. Thank you. Im done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts