The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been getting lucky lately- two races in a week!

This one wasn't much of a race but figured that i would mention it anyways. A lowered with rims and exhaust civic SI (from what i could see, he probably had an intake as well) pulls up next to me as i am going about 60 down the highway - i look over at him and we are off- well at least i was. I got to about 90 then about 5 seconds later he gets on my ass again- we take off again with the same results him about 6 or 7 cars back. He didn't even try a ricer fly by. I guess he was the real big winner- becuase he got me to waste my gas on that civic.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts

well atleast he had some gratitude and didnt do what all ricers did...

speaking of SI's, there have been a few with I/H/E do about a 15.2 15.3... I remember it pulled on a 4th gen 5spd max slowly in 3rd gear...

so is it true that "Stacey's mom, has got it going on ?" :D

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
good kill but si is a total waste of gas cause unless they are boosting or on the bottle they are no contest for ANY 3.5.... what gen was it? the previous one? a blue one cause those are the most common car around it seems like...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
well one with I/H/E maybe a chip or something could perhaps hang with a low 15sec auto VQ that was driven conservately and not launched well..

stock for stock, then yea... high 14s vs high 15s

a stock SI is on par with a 4th gen auto max and the 200hp v6 accords, even a bit quicker....

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
sorry only seen a few 6th gen (99-00) si's EVER run 15s at the track... only exception was my friends turbo si.... they slow cars that CAN be fast but everyone and their mother has one of those cars and I do not like them cause theyre so freakin common....

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
Grimm_Reaper38 said:
sorry only seen a few 6th gen (99-00) si's EVER run 15s at the track... only exception was my friends turbo si.... they slow cars that CAN be fast but everyone and their mother has one of those cars and I do not like them cause theyre so freakin common....
That commonality is the scary part. You never know which one you're going to be up against. It could be a ricer thats INSANELY fast, ricer thats slow like a turd, a normal stock one, or a sleeper.

Most times its the normal one, or slow like a turd, but when you get your *ss handed to you by the insane ricer, or the sleeper it just throws the game off again.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
a newer civic SI cant compete with a 3.5SE/SL unless it has some kind of F.I. No way it those cars can keep up with a 3.5 withouht turbo, nitrous, or S/C. Sorry you wasted your gas

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
the newer hatch ones are slower then the 99 coupe ones

a well launched no torq high rpm SI is good for 15.6-15.8

bolt that on with I/H/E and like i said eariler, a chip, they CAN get low 15s, which is what a conservative VQ auto runs...

Download the famous 15.2 civic SI vs the 14.5 maxima off kazaa

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
okay i guess i need to clarify the one i raced was not the new hatch- it was the metallic blue 00-01 civic SI

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
anthunny said:
well one with I/H/E maybe a chip or something could perhaps hang with a low 15sec auto VQ that was driven conservately and not launched well..

stock for stock, then yea... high 14s vs high 15s

a stock SI is on par with a 4th gen auto max and the 200hp v6 accords, even a bit quicker....
Just wanted to ask you one question. Since you're always posting times and stuff, when is the last time you' went to the track and saw what most cars run? This is just my opinion, but it seems alot of the times you post are from magazines or from websites that have to do with car 1/4 mile approximations...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I went about 2mths ago and even before that. I was speculating...

Well the times I'm posting are probably more on the optmistic side of cars, but the potential is there.

The manual alty's were averaging 14.7s and autos at 15.1 15.2 at the track... it was ok weather condition, forgot the altitude...

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
well I hate to be a dick but there is no f***'ing way a 99-00 si runs high 15s stock... Ive seen so many I cant count at the track and they RARELY EVER get out the low 16s modded out.... maybe the si drivers over here suck but Ive never seen one get that good of a time... seen alot of them with boltons run low 16s but rarely ever 15s...... on the other hand a friend of mine ran 15.8 with a intake on a new one.

and yes I hate those blue si's they were cool about 3 years ago for like 3 months now everyone has one with rims and a exhaust.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
for civics of any kind to get outta the 16s, they need F.I., or a better engine swap. like a B20 or GSR swap for example

1 - 15 of 15 Posts