The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think it would be hard to fit a new 3.5L in a 1st gen. with out a lot of mods. (when the 3rd gen comes out that is

·
Banned
1,423 Posts
1st off the 3rd gen is out..and as for a engine swap..i wouldt even go there..the new altima is bigger then the current max..which means a large engine compartment..not to mention that it is set up totally differnt(wiring,tranny..etc etc)better off dropping a sr20det

·
I don't care
3,361 Posts
You could probably do it for about the cost of an Altima and you'd probably have to sit in the back seat. I think that 70/30 weight distribution might mess you up though.

·
Tofu Shop Owner
888 Posts
The VQ35DE V6 used in the 3rd-Gen Altimas has about the same exterior physical dimensions as the VQ30DE used in the "old" (current body, 3.0L) Maximas... and no-one has done a VQ30DE swap... so I'd say that a 3rd-gen VQ35DE swap would be pretty tough to do.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Ben said:
You could probably do it for about the cost of an Altima and you'd probably have to sit in the back seat. I think that 70/30 weight distribution might mess you up though.
lmao.. aww, c'mon..

I say go for it :)

·
I don't care
3,361 Posts
Re: whats whith you

drake said:
whats with you Mohamed. i liked the pic you know what...
Attatching a pic means that Mike (altimas.net) has to host it. If you wanna put up some unrelated picture or a sig picture you need to get it hosted somewhere (it's not hard).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts