The Nissan Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
X-Mod
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
Matt Gent said:
Does anyone know the front and rear spring rates of the 3.5 SE?

How about any of the available aftermarket springs?
Welcome to the great suspension tuning mystery. Let me know if you find out! Maybe you can pry the info out of Eibach, H&R, or Ground Control! My only other thought was to bring the springs to a race shop with a spring tester (good luck finding one short of a NASCAR shop). That or stand one up on the ground and pile weight on top of it until it compresses one inch, then weigh the stuff!:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Re: Re: 3.5SE spring rates?

Altimat said:
My only other thought was to bring the springs to a race shop with a spring tester (good luck finding one short of a NASCAR shop).
I have access to a spring tester (friend's company), but neither the desire nor time to take the springs out of my Altima. I tried with my Protege, but the front springs were too large in diameter (6.26 inches).

Now if someone near me had a set of springs, I'd be happy to get them tested the next time I visit my friend (he lives 3 hrs away).:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spring testers aren't that rare, I had access to one at work last summer, and I've got an older one at school in our lab.

Ground Control will allow you to pick your spring rate when they come out with the kit to suit your driving style.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Prophet0p said:
Well how about i just take the springs out of my car send them to you and you can send the back when ur done...............
The shipping cost across country makes that an expensive proposition, although the Altimas springs are pretty small as these things go.

(By pretty small, the front coil is only 3 wraps, and the rear looks to be about 5 inches long.)
 

·
X-Mod
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 3.5SE spring rates?

Davard said:


I have access to a spring tester (friend's company), but neither the desire nor time to take the springs out of my Altima. I tried with my Protege, but the front springs were too large in diameter (6.26 inches).

Now if someone near me had a set of springs, I'd be happy to get them tested the next time I visit my friend (he lives 3 hrs away).:)
PM Ritepina, his are sitting in the garage since they've already been replaced!...and he's in CA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
While I was under the car measuring the exhaust pipe, I measured the springs. The rears I could test, but the fronts are too large in diameter for the tester (limit is 6"). I stopped measuring when I got to 7".
 

·
X-Mod
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
Davard said:
While I was under the car measuring the exhaust pipe, I measured the springs. The rears I could test, but the fronts are too large in diameter for the tester (limit is 6"). I stopped measuring when I got to 7".
That figures....I'll call GC again and see if I can get some info.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top