The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey , here's hopen there's some activity in the NX2000 'crowd' . I'm Thane , NEW Thane . I'm 575 miles from home ( Pa ) in NC . Just picked up my #3 NX2000. Looking for an answer --- hope your there --- I can not find a crank position sensor . Forget youtube & google , I need NX help . Cheers

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
still lookin

hey thanks , Ive seen these advertised . I've also seen the sensor that bolts to the bell hosing - that reads off the flywheel advertised . My car has nothing around the bell ( typical CPS local ) My distributor has nothing attached to it and nothing plugged into it - I 'assume' this part is attached to the distributor , if goes somewhere else please tell me . For the heck of it I shopped for distributors - the one for the 1600 appears to have that part and has a plug , the 2L does not

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Ever get your hands on an FSM for that year? Even the online Nissan dealers don't list a CPS for that year/model...so are you sure it has one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I replied to my email - mistake ? Yea man thanks again , I called my mechanic today - he has my manual - he's shipping it to me ! I don't believe there is one . - Get this though - in trying to keep my car running ( starts great and dies ) I found what I thought was the CPS , disconnected the plug - - turned the key , and it ran great -until it got warm . Didn't run again . So I knew I had it . Fought for days to get it out . Finally popped it . I's a knock sensor ! So what do I know I just ordered a new $8 KS ? I'll see what happens . Again , thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts