The Nissan Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can get 3 JL 10w6's for a good price but what kinda amp should i get for this. Maybe get 2 smaller power amps?? do u think it would sound better to get 2 or 3 10W3's instead?? if i did that instead what kind of amp would work best with that? would the W6's hit real hard?? cause i heard 2 of them wit a RF amp and it BANGED!!!
thanx a lot
peace

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
cootz said:
i can get 3 JL 10w6's for a good price but what kinda amp should i get for this. Maybe get 2 smaller power amps?? do u think it would sound better to get 2 or 3 10W3's instead?? if i did that instead what kind of amp would work best with that? would the W6's hit real hard?? cause i heard 2 of them wit a RF amp and it BANGED!!!
thanx a lot
peace
man, those are some NICE subs, get all 3 subs man! since they re dual 6 ohm subs,they will get all the power from an amp more than the 2 will. i'll explain why if u dont understand. u really dont need that much power from them. since they are dual 6 ohm subs, u can either get a 4 ohm or 1 ohm stable amp. personally, i like the high current amps. what is your price range. i think a good 500 watt amp will get u WANGING pretty well. make sureu have them in a sealed box. they sound better in those. what exactly is your price range for an amp? here are a couple amps i recommend that aren't too expensive, but are ****ing bad ass amps2000 Crossfire Bmf 600d 600w D CLASS amp 600x1 @ 1ohm $280
Hifonics ZEUS Z600 2 channel 600 wattsx1 @ 4 ohms $250
PPI PPI2360 360x1 at 4ohms, very underated! definately gets the job done $220
let me know your price range, and i'll tell u the best amp to buy man, hope that helps

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx
i kinda wanted to get a RF amp. my boy said he would sell me his power 1100 for like 300 haha but i dont know if i need all that. i dont know i just dont know if certain amps could power 3 10w6's maybe 2 of them but 3 might b a bitch

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
i believe that rockford amp is 1100x1 t 4 ohms right? well u can hook all 3 subs to that one amp. wires subs in series, 12 ohms each, and then wire all three subs in parallel, that will give ur amp a load of 4 ohms, maxmizing your wattage, be careful though, thats some serious wattage for those subs, keep the gain down, they will hit clean and low no doubt with that amount of power

·
PrOuD To Be HaWaIiAn
865 Posts
Damn Siizzzoooo you know a great shit load about sounds. I'm still learning. Just giving you some credit. I think that the 3 10W3 will sound really good. Go with that.

·
1993 GXE
14 Posts
yo 808, what part you from? dont think i've seen your ride yet.
and that girl look familiar, that your girl?

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
808Altima said:
Damn Siizzzoooo you know a great shit load about sounds. I'm still learning. Just giving you some credit. I think that the 3 10W3 will sound really good. Go with that.
thanx man, i had the car audio bug about 2 years ago, now its just useful information:D im still into it, but not as much

·
Resident Boost Junkie
716 Posts
if u get those subs ur gonna blow ur self out tha car, lol, but i would definately get 3 JL's,, if u gonna buy ur boys amp, RF 1100a1,then i would get tha 10w6's since those subs r optimized for high power applications. But if u get 10w3's then i would go with either tha RF Power 500a2, or tha RF Power or Punch 800a2. Tha RF Power 500a2 is very powerful , and stable down to 2 ohms mono, and will put out 700 watts + !!! and tha RF 800a2 will put 900 watts + !!!! If u gonna buy an amp i would definately get Rockford !! Personally i think they give tha best power. Jus make ur sure u have tha tha subs wired correctly, u can go to www.RockfordFosgate.com and look for there wiring diagrams for more help, jus remember wiring in series increases tha ohm load, and wiring in parrallel decreases tha ohm load.

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
BoriquaRacer said:
if u get those subs ur gonna blow ur self out tha car, lol, but i would definately get 3 JL's,, if u gonna buy ur boys amp, RF 1100a1,then i would get tha 10w6's since those subs r optimized for high power applications. But if u get 10w3's then i would go with either tha RF Power 500a2, or tha RF Power or Punch 800a2. Tha RF Power 500a2 is very powerful , and stable down to 2 ohms mono, and will put out 700 watts + !!! and tha RF 800a2 will put 900 watts + !!!! If u gonna buy an amp i would definately get Rockford !! Personally i think they give tha best power. Jus make ur sure u have tha tha subs wired correctly, u can go to www.RockfordFosgate.com and look for there wiring diagrams for more help, jus remember wiring in series increases tha ohm load, and wiring in parrallel decreases tha ohm load.
actually, those Rockford amps are optimized for an 4 ohm MONO load, not 2 ohm mono, but some people have run them at 2 ohm mono. i wouldnt recommend it cuz u'll end up frying ur amp in time. but if u get those 3 subs, u can't wire those subs at 2 ohms anyway, Its' either u get a regular amp and bridge it at 4 ohms, or get a high current(class D) amp and run it at 1 ohm. i do agree though, Rockford amps have some RAW power.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The Directed 1100d or the 600d would be more than enough for 10w3's. A My friend has the 1100d pushing 3-Jl 12w3's. It is the loudest setup that i have heard. Those would be my suggestion but they are priced kinda high.

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
i'd suggest a Memphis 1100D 1100x1 at 1 ohm. u can get them for under $400

·
upward spiral
618 Posts
interfire baby, interfire....those amps are nice...my bros got one for sale but i think hes sellin it to his friend Nick for 350 brand new..thing sells for 600...its 1200x1 watts and was made to push 3 jl 10w3's..do some searching on the net and im sure you can find more interfire amplifiers....

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
2k1Platinum said:
interfire baby, interfire....those amps are nice...my bros got one for sale but i think hes sellin it to his friend Nick for 350 brand new..thing sells for 600...its 1200x1 watts and was made to push 3 jl 10w3's..do some searching on the net and im sure you can find more interfire amplifiers....
damn, they sound like some Crossfire rip offs!

·
upward spiral
618 Posts
dont look anything like crossfire..some even come with a real wood trim in the middle..i havent seen many crossfires but the ones i have dont look anything like em....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts