The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1- When I switch vents from floor and defroster or dash and floor to defroster, the AC turns itself on..

2- When the passenger heated seats are used- and I turn it off. get to where i'm going, then when I stop the car and start it again the heated seat turns itself on.

3. For some reason the lights notification of auto/highbeam assist lights will disappear. I've tried turning the lights on and off, and the car off and on.. and the notification lights will either be there or they won't. Doesn't matter time of day or weather.

Does anyone have this issue? Has Nissan addressed it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
added to that the radio and phone got locked into a weird situation where the phone would disconnect from blueetooth every time it would start to ring, the radio refuse to turn off, even with the knob being pushed. The touchscreen did nothing but switch back and forth from the radio that wouldn't stop and the phone that couldn't ring through the bluetooth...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't solved the headlights indicator not going on randomly yet... but I might have figured out the why the seat heaters and vents are doing what they do. NISSAN makes Infinity too, The current Infinity is almost identical to my Altima interior. Right down to the colored stitching... same color BTW. Same "leatherette" and cloth- interior looks about the same if not the same. Soooo the Infinity has a memory for the heaters and vents settings....and what the Altima does is reverts to a previous setting.. Granddaughter gets ride to bus stop and turns on the heaters and husband like the vents a certain way. When I get into the car of course it's set that way... I change it. When I restart to car later it often reverts to the first setting though I if it's more than 7-8 hours it stays where I put it. Since there was a holiday weekend and she didn't ride in it first thing... it hasn't changed. So- I think they used the same components in the Altima. Probably to cut costs in having many different components. I've noticed in some cars, that not all attributes are necessarily advertised and if they're using components for different models it might be best to keep mum so people will go for the more costly car... Though I recall one automaker putting their cheap engines in their expensive luxury cars. And Chevy used Silverado chassis for their Hummers.. Not Jeep has them.. lol and they've melded into Jeeps

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
A/c comes on because anything with defrost or upper duct can fog the glass up if water isn't removed from the air. A/c does that. You just don't feel cold air as the heater output overwhelms it.

A/c not only cools, it dehumidifies too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found the NISSAN youtube and you're all right! They said the AC light would come on but it would still be heating- The auto lights thing is still unfigured but I suspect that the mirror sensor or the dash sensor in sensing the light sometimes gets shadow from trees or a sun glare that causes it to go off or on because I've noticed that they seem to go on more often after 5 pm, and darker days etc. and off in the bright of day, so it's, I'm guessing indicating that the highbeam assist is not needed, or will be used depending on whether the light is on or off, darker time of day, or shadow or brighter time of day. Also the seat heating after I've turned it off on a restart..(granddaughter being driven to bus stop by husband very early uses the seat heater, then I go to work and turn it off but it goes on when I restart the car unless it's been several hours) I do think it is the same module as the Infinity- because when no one else rode in the car to change the settings it stayed the same all week. When they started using the car before me in the am it started doing it again. After about 8 hrs though it doesn't revert to the first setting of the day.. so I think I got a "benefit" not advertised. The Infinity module has a memory to remember the initial setting.. so it apparently got into this model car too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and an update on the light indicators. They ARE light sensitive. I covered each sensor and found the right sensor on the dashboard, if covered will activate the highbeam assist, and when uncovered stopped it and recovered- activates.. so it works with that one sensor to determine whether to activate the high beam function or not..

The AC/heat and seated heating and the radio on or off also- will turn on last setting when restarting the car unless it's been about 8 hours. So guessing they just use the same module as the Infinity and either choose not to advertise it for the Altima or the dealership didn't catch it to put on the car window information.
Chevrolet has done that too. using modules or engines for two models one a luxury the other not, or lesser cost car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts