The Nissan Club banner

300 HP 3.5 se

43K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  Throckmorton 
#1 ·
my goal for my build is to break the 300 hp mark i havnt done much to my car yet. i kinda wana know the wats out there that can help me reach this mark.

and i want to keep it normally aspirated (not boosted, not charged)

#2 ·
I dont think you'd be able to break that mark without getting boosted or charged to be honest. I'm assuming you have a MT otherwise with a CVT you are that much less likely to achieve it.

Performance Mods:

Short Throw Shifter
Racingline Y-Pipe
Stillen Lightweight Pulley
Aftermarket Air Intake
Aftermarket Exhaust

Those are the HP gain Mods I know of.

#24 ·
I got the K&N cold air for my 2.5. Absolutely love it. picked it up used for around $125, new its like 250. you can definitely feel it and the sound is amazing. I think i am getting worse mpg because of how I'm driving because I love to hear it so much :shift:

#6 ·
...headers, cam, and heads. intake manifold. thats still naturally aspirated. then turn you winshield wiper fluid into a meth tank for meth injection

#7 ·
Those won't be "bolt on" mods which is what I'm assuming he was hoping for. As for a cold air intake there isn't one for the 4th gen, just an intake with a Heat Shield, ask Winterfrost the AEM intake is your best bet if you can afford to drop the $350.

#9 · (Edited)
Depending on the money and year/tranny you have you can get close NA

the vq35 can handle "safely" a 75 shot of nitrous. if you go higher you may need to build internals (do research before you do either of these as I can't promise you anything)

First things to do
Headers
3" exhaust /w cat delete
NWP Spacers
NWP BOP
Coilovers
Greddy EU
UPD
JWT S1 cams with springs/shims
3.5" custom long tube intake setup with LRmaf and Pathfinder throttle body
possibly a custom made UIM to increase amount of air (if you have the plastic one then dont worry about it)
17" lighter weight wheels under 20lbs

if manual
lightweight flywheel
better clutch

there are a couple other things as well

after that youre looking into a high compression build, ITBs, or forced induction to make real power.

#10 · (Edited)
I have a 2011 3.5 MT coupe. I am trying to hit the 300 engine HP mark as well. Seems like the Racingline Y pipe is the biggest bang for your buck for starters. They claim 13HP to the front wheels, so that equates to roughly 15HP at the motor on a MT. The Nismo Cat-back claims roughly 8HP to the wheels which equates to roughly 9HP at the motor. So you would only need another 6HP to the motor. I would imagine coupled with a short ram intake, that should get you right around the 300HP mark to the engine or around 250-260 to the tires depending on what trans you have. Somebody correct me if I am way outta line on this one.

#11 ·
^^ Yeah you are way off...
You might be close to 245WHP with those TOPS

Don't waste money with a ypipe as you still have precats unless you NEED to pass emissions. Save and get headers...PERIOD.

Nismo Catback will not compare to a full 3" catback.

Short ram intakes are actually proven to not be as good as a nice custom made 3.5" intake system.

If you want a bit more performance and can't perform these, mods in my post (#9) then just get coilovers, ypipe, and catback. Then save your money.

#12 · (Edited)
I havent seen any companies even make aftermarket headers for the 07-up 3.5's. Is there any other kind of Intake for these cars that will fit and not be categorized as a short ram style?

#14 ·
Look up block offs and throttle body spacers, cxj I think... they clame a clotive of 18ish hp on it but I looked at a youtube vid saying u will not have that hp after 60mph I emailed them but no word back its been about 2 days

#21 ·
then you will never know your true HP, and you are gonna need much more than an intake and exhaust. I'm pretty sure I broke the 300hp mark since i did 297 prior to the spacers and BOP install.

#22 ·
I migh not get off the line faster then a mtx but u putting the same stuff in my car that u have I will be at 300hp. That wont change

#26 ·
economy mode? :s?? I 've only had my car like 2 months but was unaware of this mode? how do u do that lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.