The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they all turbo and AWD or are just a special year rang there are three im looking at 97,98,99.

·
Deuce Four-CIB-OIF III
6,757 Posts
VR-4 was the turbo version right? Im not sure if it's AWD tho. Some other's might know more about it. And you can always check out dsmtalk.com.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well because i seen a 98 with 44k and its only 13000 one owner older guy and he keeps it under a carport so im gonna look at it.

·
X Factor
546 Posts
They are all AWD,(i think) I used to have a 97 VR-4, it's a fast ass car...but I totalled it...it wrecks really well too! Now I'm left with my truck and alty. I hope you're over 25 and a female...lol....cuz the insurance will kick your ass!

~OOPS- Nevermind, I just found out the other ones are just front wheel drive...my bad....mine was AWD...I didn't like it that much (FYI) it cost more to upkeep than a woman, you'll really love the dealers prices for parts too....lol

·
247 Posts
just the VR4 was AWD, the others are FWD. Try track down a "spyder" version, the convertible hard-top one. That was sweet. They were the first to come out with it, even before mercedes.

·
H.N.I.C.
3,488 Posts
BigSlaff said:
i mainly want the AWD i can always buy a turbo.
they don't come N/A AWD
just the turboed version were AWD...
the dodge stealth R/T is the same car mechanically...
n "spyder" only refers to the later model eclipes i believe
the 3000GT is VR-4

like '91 Galants came with a rare VR-4 version too....

u might want to look at Eclipse GSX's n for the ultra rare Toyota Celica All-trac

·
Bruised Soup
9,958 Posts
there is a celica all trac for sale, $8800 for a 92 i think...turbo AWD

and the spyder means convertible, in DSM talk...spyders are/were available in turbo form too...

and the only FWD turbo that the 3000GT/stealth was in 92..93 was the first year of the AWD, i believe, and that was only for mitsu, Dodge didnt havean AWD Stealth until 1994....

they weigh like 3500#s...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In my area there is no gsx for like 1000 miles. Thats why i was looking at the 3000gt i thought they were all AWD bui guess not.

·
I bent my wookie.
581 Posts
AWD in a used car isn't a great idea, IMHO. After a while you're going to have to replace a shitload of u-joints, and that's either going to be a pain in the ass for you to do or a pain in the wallet to have done.
3000GTs are pretty heavy and didn't really do it for me. As was said before, only the VR-4 was AWD.
Just my fraction of a dollar...

·
Rollin'
1,388 Posts
www.3KGT.com www.3si.org

love that ****ing car, an early 90's VR4 u can get for around 10k, above a 95 your looking at upwards to 30K, the base model and SL are identical except the SL has leather/pwr seats/chrome wheels, that make it heavier and slightly slower, the VR4, AWD TT kicks ass, i plan on buying a 95+ base model in a year or a 94 VR4 if i can find it for the right price............

1 - 20 of 28 Posts