The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone put a 300zx tt radiator cap in their car? i heard it increases the pressure and cools your motor down better.

·
Girl-Moderator
1,395 Posts
read something in super street about going with a better rad cap and using this "wetter" stuff.

·
Resistance is futile
1,952 Posts
ZKrazy said:
has anyone put a 300zx tt radiator cap in their car? i heard it increases the pressure and cools your motor down better.
The implication of that would be our cars are normally running hot because coolant is gushing out of the radiator and into the overflow.

The cap pressure only determines the highest temp the coolant can reach before boiling. And the thermostat determines the minimum operating temperature, not how hot it will get. The ability of the radiator to exchange the heat ultimately determines the temp it runs at. You could get a lower temp thermostat, and if the rad is in good condition, the engine should run cooler under most conditions.

·
Import Tech.
1,903 Posts
I have a Greddy Rad cap for the TT , and my car does run a tad bit cooler , it will help more if you are road racing or are really hard on it ......

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,662 Posts
I used that "Wetter" stuff. I noticed the thermostat is a little cooler now, but I just used it cuz the coolant was like 5 years old and it is supposed to rejuvinate it,.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea..i just that issue today in the mail..how weird..it kinda sucks how people who subscribe to it gets it later.

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
ZKrazy said:
yea..i just that issue today in the mail..how weird..it kinda sucks how people who subscribe to it gets it later.
hmm.. i think your mail man (person?) is holding them and reading it haha... my friend got his a week and a half ago. that's where i saw that wetter thing....

what's the spec on the 300zx tt cap?

·
U13 Drifter
624 Posts
they are talking about Redline Water wetter, it's good stuff. Both my friend and myself used it and my temp gauge went a few notches down from halfway, i made sure to look at it before and after we used it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts