The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw a comercial for the new Infiniti q45. It boasts of 340 hp!!
Oh my....and we all thought our little Alty's were fast...Ha!

Vrooooooooom!

{People cruising along in the Altima} Wow what was that that just flew by? A jet plane? Oh no my dear it, was the new Q45..

Gee Honey maybe we should of gotten that one instead...

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
Gee honey I think there's quite a difference between the two and the main one being MONEY!! Your compairing two totally different cars.

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
there is alot of added weight in that, power everything, even rear powered reclining seats, the motors got to weigh a little,

·
Former Alty Owner
2,925 Posts
GTW00 said:
there is alot of added weight in that, power everything, even rear powered reclining seats, the motors got to weigh a little,
Not to mention... it's a V8.. 4.5 liter engine.. I'm sure it definitely moves.. It's the same engine that they have in the IRL race cars, although those are pushing out 450 HP with that same engine..:cool:

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
Just like Altimat stated...

It'll get beaten by an Altima 3.5SE... Its a shame isn't it. It will also get its ass handed to it by the Lexus LS430 (290HP). I just think its(Q45) a big boat - the M45 (ugly as it may be) - will claim the throne regarding speed. Anyway this is OFF-TOPIC!!!

On to a different story - Ethan (emax95) over at maxima.org is thinking of getting a "whipple" supercharger to work on the VQ35. Now an 2002-3 Altima SE/Maxima with that HP requires a LSD. But think about, a 340HP (at the crank) Altima/Maxima. Thats some BRAGGING rights there for sure...

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
First of all its a V-8, second of all its about 40% heavier than a V-6 Altima, third of all its hardly new...the current Q has been out for about a year now.

A v-6 Altima should be able to easily beat the Q in a drag race.

·
Registered
833 Posts
scottlny said:
Not to mention... it's a V8.. 4.5 liter engine.. I'm sure it definitely moves.. It's the same engine that they have in the IRL race cars, although those are pushing out 450 HP with that same engine..:cool:
This is not the engine that they use in the IRL, the engine that they use in the IRL is limited to 3.5 Liter and they produce around 650 hp.

·
Parts pusher
165 Posts
Nissan does have plans to put the V8 in there cars,starting with
a full size truck do out next year,Also there suppose to put it in
the Maxima. The Maxima is Nissans flagship vehicle,there freekin
because the 2002 Altima's are out selling the Maxima. So there
going to revamp the Maxima.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Hardcore said:
Nissan does have plans to put the V8 in there cars,starting with
a full size truck do out next year,Also there suppose to put it in
the Maxima. The Maxima is Nissans flagship vehicle,there freekin
because the 2002 Altima's are out selling the Maxima. So there
going to revamp the Maxima.
The Z is Nissan's flagship.

·
Parts pusher
165 Posts
We will have to see how the new 350z sales, The one I looked
at is trick, but small. It would be a good car for a doctor, It's big
enough for two people and a doctors bag.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Hardcore said:
We will have to see how the new 350z sales, The one I looked
Number of sales don't equal flagship status. The Z has been the flagship since the original.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hardcore said:
We will have to see how the new 350z sells, The one I looked
I don't think that the dealers are going to have a problem selling 3 per month per dealership. They are probably sold out until the middle of next year.

·
Parts pusher
165 Posts
Nissan called the Maxima there flagship vehicle when they
weren't producing the Z, I don't disagree that the Z is there
original flagship vehicle, I'm just wandering how well it will
sell in the long run, the last Zcar ended up falling flat on it's
face. Of course the old Z and the new 350z don't compare.
And the 2003 altima is the same price as the 350z.Which one
would you buy?

·
Former Alty Owner
2,925 Posts
e-squared said:

This is not the engine that they use in the IRL, the engine that they use in the IRL is limited to 3.5 Liter and they produce around 650 hp.
Close.. but it is a derivation of the Infiniti Engine in the Q45. Infiniti has their Infiniti pro-series, which are all 3.5 Liter V8's producing 450 HP. and the name of all the engines used in the series are the Q45. Coincidence? I think not.. :) If you look at Infiniti's website, they even mention that the V8 powering the Q45 is derived from the Infiniti powered Indy Race cars.. I am not making this stuff up.. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts