The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
miles on the altima now. The warranty is about up, have any of you extended your warranties?

So far, I've had to replace my radiator due to a leak. Got my driver's side door lock replaced and center console latch repaired. Nothing major, knock on wood. I was thinking about buying the extending warranty.

Oh and to update you all on the current job, I posted that the company made an offer and I signed it and then they made another offer... well, I took the job and it's been a great decision. I've received a lot of recognition for my hard work and have been rewareded for such with nice bonuses. Thanks for all of your advice.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
my suggestion: buy a new car.
There is no point in keep a car when it's reaching 40K. The only excuse is if you're as broke as me. Sell it or trade it in and get something better while it still has its value.

·
hello
3,517 Posts
Serg_zone said:
There is no point in keep a car when it's reaching 40K. The only excuse is if you're as broke as me. Sell it or trade it in and get something better while it still has its value.
:ugh:, thats so stupid. People who do that lease cars, they dont buy them dude.

·
14,455 Posts
Serg_zone said:
Why would you buy a car if you're going to get rid of it at ~40k? WHy not lease it at that point? I believe the majority of people who BUY cars (not lease) want to keep them for a logn time.

mistahbruin, go for the extendad warranty. I plan on getting it after my standard warranty runs out. I also plan on keeping the car for atleast 8+ years, so it'll be worth it for me to have.

·
Anti-Elitist
4,829 Posts
Save the headache, and go ahead and extend it. I bought mine up front, well, because I'm already at 45K and it's 1 year 10 months. It may cost a few hundred now, but it *could* save you a lot more later.

It also depends on how you drive the car. If 40K is over 5 years, then it's a different scenario. But leasing is a somewhat better option.

·
4,020 Posts
Serg_zone said:
You're then a perfect candidate for leasing! Less upfront and period outlay costs and low mileage.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just got back from the stealership, getting my oil changed and some other minor warranty fixes. I don't think I'm going to buy an extended warranty. If I did, then it would really make me keep the car longer. Now I have the excuse to buy a new car down the road. Although I told myself I would never buy a brand new car again, the talk about the Lexus IS coup is very tempting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts