The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
if you wanted to tell us how slow they are you could have read my 3-4 posts about me beating them in races

·
Registered
976 Posts
Whats funny is that it is commonly thought that a 350z, stock touring addition does a 5.5. 0-60 when in fact it does a 5.9 0-60 which is what a 5spd altima does it in.

·
NWS Citizen
1,245 Posts
well in this price range, there's really no contest.

ls1>any vq(or anything else for that matter)

yeah you can argue and say a supra is fast, but good luck finding one:)
or swapped civics,etc...but thats too much work for most

A 350z is a nice car, but its waaaay out of its league with an LS1 powered vehicle.
If Nissan wanted a true sports car, they should of made the 350z v8 powered.Theres no replacement for displacement and "modern" technology(vtec/shmitec) aint all that.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
seriously, the 350z does have a 13.8-14flat potential, yet they all seem to be in the mid 14s on average territory?

where as the average altima is the same more or less?

the speed doesn't do that car justice at all.... W00D!!!!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Alty3.5 said:
holy hell, i want my car to sound like that z28!!
z28s sound like shit IMO, im not a big fan of a 5.7 which can only put out 305hp when a 3.5 v6 puts out 300 coming up next year....lol....crap look at the Hemi which put out 350 hp in a car and can only do a 14.6-7. maybe its the 18 MPG which is attractive. hehe. im just messing, but its true.

i have not heard one person that says the VQ on the Z, G, or FX doesnt sound like music to their ears. its a perfectly tuned exhaust setup. it should be patented, if possible. lol

most people who buy Gs or Zs dont know how to drive them. they buy them cuz they are the hottest sportscar out there today. thats why professional drivers can pull a 13.8-14 flat stock. same thing goes with the manual alti....there are more people pulling higher times than 'what they should be' times with the manual alti

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Alty3.5 said:
holy hell, i want my car to sound like that z28!!
i'd rather have my car sound like a Z or a gcoupe/fx than any z28. i love the dual exhaust vq exhaust tone.

i agree with hotbody on a lot of what he said. imo the Z and esp. the G coupe are some of the hottest looking cars out today, i'd take that stock any day over a 500hp z28. having that much speed isnt a priority for me when compared to an already fast v6 with a sweet interior and exterior design.

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
maybe i am missingsomething because i dont have my speakers hooked up yet after my move.. but that video was f'ing retarted... It proved nothing to me.

·
NWS Citizen
1,245 Posts
I might choose a g35 coupe over another sports car, but it wont be over the f-body!
The 350Z on the other hand....well it looks like a piece of shit that was stuck in the ass crack of a hillbilly for 1 minute too long.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Bottom line The "Z" was out classed and over powered. That's like putting the 3.5 up against a Benz E55. I expected the LS1 to win. A true kill would be if the 350Z had won.

Remember, the Z is to be compared with the RX8, BMW 3 series, S2000, G35, and other 2 door sports cars within a $35K to $40K price tag

·
PRODUCT OF BROOKLYN
1,228 Posts
I had to respond here.....As a former Atli 3.5er the Z is not as fast as I thought but it is quick. I took it to the tracks and the understeer is noticable but after the Sway bars install it handles very well. The looks IMO is one of the best out there. Also those 5.9 or 13.8 are done by professional drivers not by the average Joe blow. Either way I am happy with my Zed but i do miss the Alti :sad:

·
Registered
207 Posts
You probably miss the room in the Altima. :p
I test drove my friends track edition and I must say, I was impressed. Definitely not a bad car at all. But I'd still take the RX8 over the "Z". I understand it's down 50horses, but for a fully loaded "8" (two-toned leather heated seats, heated mirrors, heated steering wheel, HID lights, Navi, 17in wheels, and a host of other goodies) will only run you $29,700. How many cars in it's catagory can offer that price with those options.

·
PRODUCT OF BROOKLYN
1,228 Posts
The room sucks in the Z but my Girlfriend can't invite any of her grimy friends when we go out so that helps. You know ( can ? go with us tonite ).... :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts