The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
sHIFT_3.5SeR YAA!!
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. to all.. (sorry cant afford beer this time)
Well my 3.5 alty is in pain right now.. and me too..
Sorry didn't say this sooner but 2 weeks ago:angry4:
It was rainy (in South Texas there is no such thing as winter)
and roads were slippery.. went to put air in the tires.. (32 infront 30 in back and fill with gas 93 premium.)
Well.. on the way out going to turn. there is mudd on the turn ... because of the Road construction ( they are digging better water runoffs on the sides of the road) well on the turn I couldnt have been going more than say 25-30mph and slowing down.. but when i was turning.. halfway on the turn I was in control... other half. my car just went straight,, (no abs) was going so slow I even had time to pull on the E-brake.. tires locked.. i tried to jump the island curb on the road.. but car went straight. not even a single screech just sliding.. well. when i did jump the curb.. one of the tires must have dropped the mud and got grip... but sadly yournot gonna stop a 3800lb car in 6ft with only 1 tire...
Hit the Signal post head on.. right down the Hamburger.
No airbags went off because it was too slow of a colision..
but now...
1. MY hood is gone beyond repair.. turns out it bent exaclty where its designed to bend
2. my front bumpper is 2 peiced
3. my intrusion bar is inside my radiator.
4.no radiator.. and I bent the header heat shield.. << i hope it was just the shield and not the headers..

.. well before i start crying again! <<( hey you would too if your 19 and paying for it.. plus insurance!! arghhj!!:angry2: ahh but i only pay 110 a month for the best flavor anyways:cool: )
Still
BOdy shop ran a tab of 3495 bones., for the replace ment of the front.. I saw a 350z there too .. it had stuck its nose out in traffic.. 18 wheeler took the front off.. from the front of the wheelwells ... and the dude still had the paper plates!

But yeah this sucks ass. the withdrawl is a [email protected]

·
Registered
16 Posts
that sucks big time, i feel your pain, i crashed my 2001 blazer head on into a tree, in rainy weather. they rulerd it a total loss. the entire front end was gone on it :( but im damn lucky i walked away. both doors were jamed so i kicked out the pass window and jumped out of it, and managed to walk off. I sure hope your ok though, :) metal and fiberglass can be fixed but the human body costs more to repair than the car. hell they charge you an insane ammount of money to just sit in the ER and wait ( unless your bleeding and cannot be controled -cousin is an EMT)
take it easy :)

·
Shift_lefty
1,001 Posts
The worst part about that is the feeling you get when you realize you no longer have control of the car. Fortunatly you were able to walk away.

about that 350z you mentioned, about a year ago I dropped my father off at the body shop where his car was being repair after getting rear ended. In the shop was a brand new M5 looked fine except for the front air dam and the front tire look weird. Come to find out the guy purchased the car, went back to his office to pick up his cell phone, got out of the car left it out of gear with no ebrake and it rolled down into a revine. Car had 22 miles on it!!! Did something like 7k worth of damage to it!! Money can't buy you brains but it can buy a M5!!!

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Altimaxnh said:
The worst part about that is the feeling you get when you realize you no longer have control of the car. Fortunatly you were able to walk away.

about that 350z you mentioned, about a year ago I dropped my father off at the body shop where his car was being repair after getting rear ended. In the shop was a brand new M5 looked fine except for the front air dam and the front tire look weird. Come to find out the guy purchased the car, went back to his office to pick up his cell phone, got out of the car left it out of gear with no ebrake and it rolled down into a revine. Car had 22 miles on it!!! Did something like 7k worth of damage to it!! Money can't buy you brains but it can buy a M5!!!
I guess that freakin cell phone or call was more important than that M5!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts