The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an auto i dont do neutral drops but i drive hard is that why i keep blowing the trannys or are the trnnys jus shitty ones. i mean i am getting the trannys done by nissan and they say they are brand new. they said to me they jus keep burning out... so i just wondering if it is the way i drive:confused:

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Do you have 18's or 19's? I race my Altima on road-courses, and I haven't had any problems with my Tranny.

·
See ya on the flipside...
2,076 Posts
I've yet to come across a problem w/ my tranny. I've owned a 96 200SX-SE and put about 100,000 miles on the original motor and tranny(auto), that car also had 165hp at the front wheels w/ a shit load of mods, owned a 2000 Dodge Stratus for a week and a half and blew the tranny(auto w/ sport shift thing) and returned it to the dealership, owned a 2000 Frontier and put 25,000 miles on orginal tranny(auto) w/o problems, and now I have a 01 Altima w/ 15,000 miles and not a problem in sight w/ the tranny(manual). Laterz.

·
Bboy Style
1,714 Posts
I highly doubt those tranny's are brand new...re-built most likely. But anyhow, 3 tranny's in 4 months...I'd be looking for a new car by now!

·
Playing PS2
1,350 Posts
Hey I almost have a 100,000 miles on my car and I drive hard all the time, with no tranny problems are you sure you are not using wrong fliuds or something??

Pillage

:confused:

·
14,455 Posts
Yeah, i have a 98 alty with 74k on it and no probs with the tranny yet. And i'm not the easiest driver either.

·
stick shifter.
608 Posts
That would be my guess. You're not giving the tranny enough time to break in before you drive it hardcore. Just back off a little for a while with the new tranny and you'll be good.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
You would think that Nissan would be giving you the same good advise that you're getting here especially after 3 transmissions. As for the fluid issue, it doesn't sound like you've had much of a chance to put the wrong fluid in unless Nissan is doing it when they install the transmission.

Personally I think you should try a new dealer, because transmissions just don't burn out. Something funny is going on. Either they don't know what they're doing, something else is wrong with your car or the dealer is scamming Nissan on warranty repairs.

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
mrdeucie said:
I think they would bitch. It's too much work. You don't just drop the tranny in. They might not even be able to do it.
It requires a different ECU, different floorpan cut-out, new hole in the foot-well for the clutch, smaller brake pedal, and a whole mess of other stuff... I'd try to talk them down from their price to put in a manual, but I highly doubt they would do it for the same price as replacing your auto.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts