The Nissan Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Lord of the rims
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my parents is looking for new car, now if they want a V6 car then will get the altima, but they are looking at 02 Camry LE and 2.5SE if they want to get a 4 cylinder car, they are thinking about the Camry coz its reliability

so now they are debating if they really need to buy the V6... of course i wish they would get the 3.5SE but i need some good reasons to convince them...

if u know some good and reasonable V6 advantages, post them here!!!!!! :D

·
Future Z Driver
215 Posts
One argument that might work is that the 4-cylinder is a brand new engine, whereas the V6 is not. The V6 was used in the Pathfinder last year and is based on the same engine as the Maxima, so it's been around for a while. A lot of people would be wary of the reliability of a new engine design. If your parents are worried about reliability, this might be a good thing to point out.

Then again, Nissan's engines have been very reliable in the past. My family bought a '95 Maxima when they first came out, and they had a brand new engine design. Our Max has 140,000 miles on it now and hasn't had a single engine-related problem.

You don't want to scare them too much and have them buy the Camry, right? ;-)

·
Barkless Dog
801 Posts
if you will be driving it get the hot v-6. If just your parents, get the 4 banger and they will save on the extra money and probably not notice the dif. as the four is a good engine as well.

·
Registered
574 Posts
When trying to convince a parent to buy a certain car, refrain from using arguments that YOU would consider important - such as faster acceleration, better handling, etc. Trust me, most parents are not car enthusiasts (and it sounds like yours are no exception). Tell them that the 3.5SE is much safer than the Camry because you can get it with traction control, HIDs and side airbags (not sure if the 4cyl camry has those options). Also, say that Altima's 3.5L is quieter and more reliable than Camry's 4banger. Tell them that Nissan's VQ engines have won the "Best V6 engine" award for several years in a row (which is true). Also, say that you heard that the new Camry has several bugs/design flaws or something along those lines. Finally, tell them that the Camry is a grandma mobile and then say something like: "I know that you are not 18 anymore, but I don't think you are ancient enough to drive a Camry". Unless your parents are really old, that would hit right on target.

·
enthusiast and consultant
279 Posts
Think of it this way, Nissan Maximas have been with a V-6 engine for over 18 years. My dad's Maxima 85' wagon, 240K miles, no engine related problems at all. I'm not BSin' at all. Nissan's V-6 engines are probably the most dependable of all the V-6s in recent year. Pretty strong reasons to go for the V-6 Nissan.

·
they call me the butcher
1,975 Posts
go with the v6
and damn ive never had to convinse my parents to
go with the faster car they always come to me and
asked which to go with.
shit my dad drives a vette as his ever day car
(giving me his old one and getting the new z06)
and my mom just bought a new s4 ( i actually told
her to go with the new c32 benz but audi gave her
a way better deal) and shes getting a new comp
so she could but out 300hp insted of 250hp
so ive never had the peoblem here

·
Lord of the rims
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nismoalty said:
go with the v6
and damn ive never had to convinse my parents to
go with the faster car they always come to me and
asked which to go with.
shit my dad drives a vette as his ever day car
(giving me his old one and getting the new z06)
and my mom just bought a new s4 ( i actually told
her to go with the new c32 benz but audi gave her
a way better deal) and shes getting a new comp
so she could but out 300hp insted of 250hp
so ive never had the peoblem here
oh my angel~ cool parents!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts