The Nissan Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I currently drive a 2011 3.5 Altima and have a few quick questions about if there are any Y pipes available other than the now defunct RacingLine.

I was really wanting to purchase the Motordyne Art Y Pipe for my Altima. I contacted motordyne about fitment and they stated that they never test fitted the Y pipe on our generation Altima. The representative stated that if I purchased the Y pipe and it did not fit I could receive a full refund so I may just go through with it.

Many Replacement Flex Pipes fit 2009-2015 Altimas (4th and 5th gen) so this brought up the question if they were even different in design or mountings between the generations.

The Y pipe has been fitted on some 3.5 2013-up Altimas and my question is, what’s the difference if any between the exhaust flex pipe dimensions/mounts of the 4.5 gen and 5th gen Altimas? And if there is a difference, is there another Y pipe that is being sold that I’ve completely missed for our 4th Altimas?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,192 Posts
If they are offering the test-fit/return option take it. Also, go to a custom muffler shop...it may only need a few tweaks and they could do that on the spot...so long as you don't mind them cutting, grinding and welding your shiny new Y-pipe :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts