The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an Altima with 307k km on the ODO in November, drove it fine with 0 issues for about 1000km until it suddenly, driving to work 45km away, felt limp, and revs would go up and I would slow down. Couldn't go up a (steep-ish) hill faster than 30km/h. The same hill I was previously able to reach 120km/h no problem. Seemed like slippage somewhere. NO codes whatsoever.

I've replaced the transmission with a week-old scrapyard transmission from a 2009 Altima with 180k km on it. Was driven into the yard, they said. However, after replacing the transmission it still feels as though it's slipping, and in PRECISELY the same way as it was before. I doubt I just got unlucky with the new tranny if it feels the same. Everything has been replaced except the ROM on the valvebody, the TCM, and the Tranny oil cooler. I cannot imagine what else it could be? The oil level is correct in the new tranny, and I put in ns-2 compatible fluid, as I couldn't find any OEM NS-2 anywhere. I'm likely going to try putting in the ROM from the '09 tranny back into it, instead of the old one from the '07. This would mean the ROM will be matched to the current tranny, but mismatched from the current TCM.

Any insight from anyone with potential causes of this issue?!

·
Registered
309 Posts
There are some high level DTCs related to the CVT that can only be read by an advanced code reader tool. A Nissan dealer will certainly have one of these tools. If there is a high level DTC, it will most likely reveal the cause of your problem. Since you've encountered the same problem with both CVTs, there's a good chance that the TCM may be the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are some high level DTCs related to the CVT that can only be read by an advanced code reader tool. A Nissan dealer will certainly have one of these tools. If there is a high level DTC, it will most likely reveal the cause of your problem. Since you've encountered the same problem with both CVTs, there's a good chance that the TCM may be the problem.
I'll see if I can get a dealership to check it out. Will return with info for others

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll see if I can get a dealership to check it out. Will return with info for others
Unfortunately no luck. Have considered that it could be a faulty oil cooler, probably blocked, there by allowing for less oil flow, which might be causing a lack of pressure to the pulleys. I hope this is the issue, as I can't really find another reason or bring it to a dealership

1 - 4 of 4 Posts