·
Traded in Alti!!!
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happen to the 5 speed conversion topic, i wanna know about it:confused:

·
I don't care
4,185 Posts
It was Topnotch Til I Die (altimatt san diego). He basically did it b/c his tranny was dead anyway and he could get a nice deal on the parts & labor. So it isn't a good choice for everyone. You should just take everything off you car and buy a new one if you want a 5-Speed.

·
Traded in Alti!!!
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh ic, i read in a post that a couple people wanted to do thisn and that sumone had and it worked out good

·
3,840 Posts
LoAltimaOn17s said:
oh ic, i read in a post that a couple people wanted to do thisn and that sumone had and it worked out good
i was thinking about it but doesn't the torque convertor give a better launch than an auto that meets a 5 speed?

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Diesel Clown said:
i was thinking about it but doesn't the torque convertor give a better launch than an auto that meets a 5 speed?
That's one heckava TC if it can launch better than 5sp.
Jay

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
altimatt is the cat that did the conversion.. If he doesn't respond to this, i will post up the complete parts list he gave me afterwards...

G

·
0 Posts
wassssssuuuuupppppp, wasabe, karnechewa, what are uuuuuuu doing, true.

what do u wanna know about the 5spd conversion.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I think if you have the tourqe converter along with a modified vaulve body then you will achually be faster than a 5 speed but thats also a little more than 1k with install and iv heard with the vaulve body they give you stronger pumps, so if the place that installs it dosnt run bigger hoses that they can break and your tranny will be dead.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts