The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...when the temps are below 30 does the clutch make a creaking noise when you shift gears? Mine does but then it goes away when the temps get warmer out (30 and up). I realize that its probably just the fridgid air but still it sucks to hear each time I play the clutch. Makes me feel like I'm driving some 7 year old clunker.

·
Yankmy Member
715 Posts
Not having that problem. But what I do notice in the very cold temps is that it gets real hard to get it into gears.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
**my'02altima** said:
Not having that problem. But what I do notice in the very cold temps is that it gets real hard to get it into gears.
yeah...that one too. Damn this weather all the way to hell!!!:(

·
Shift_lefty
1,001 Posts
I'm quite pleased with my car considering how cold it has been some of the mornings this winter. Only when it's in the single digits does the stick become lathargic. Once the car is warm it's fine again.

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
pimpacura said:
I have problems with mine giveing me a "clutch chatter" until it warms up should I be concerned?
Yes, your flywheel may be warped. Did you ever slip it bad or borrow it to someone? If it ever was overheated (smelled bad) it may have developed "hot spots". This causes the chattering and harsh engagement, but it tends to go away after the flywheel warms up.

·
Registered
114 Posts
the screeching sound was present on my 3.5 and i had it fixed. there's a tsb on it (howling clutch). they pulled the tranny and put in a new clutch disk with an updated material to correct the problem. howling clutch only occurs on 02's.

·
Wanna be Post Whore
261 Posts
Altimat said:
Yes, your flywheel may be warped. Did you ever slip it bad or borrow it to someone? If it ever was overheated (smelled bad) it may have developed "hot spots". This causes the chattering and harsh engagement, but it tends to go away after the flywheel warms up.
Is this something the dealer will give me any problems on fixing. No one has ever drove it but me and I learned how to drive a car in a 5-speed and all my other cars were 5-speeds except for my integra.

·
Registered
24 Posts
my car clicks all the time going out of fiers and again going in to second. I dont tink it is the temp though because it is not that cold here in california and I have been noticeing it for a few months now. I dont think it is anything major. but it sure is anoying.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts