1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
NWS Citizen
1,245 Posts
found some 94 gas for $2.14 in Jersey the other day!!! 87 was $1.86....needless to say, thats where I fill up from now on, I just time everything to make sure I start running out of gas when I need to make another trip to jersey.

·
4,020 Posts
The gas prices are not directly related to the price of a barrell of oil. It's somewhere in the range of 15% per gallon of gas is a result of the true market of oil. Right now, our country has a surplus of gas in the market. If you read most economists, they usually agree the price of oil is over inflated and could suffer a huge drop in market price ($5 - $10 a barrel) and that gas prices are no longer directly related to true cost and are also inflated. Obviously things can alter this, such as another terrorist attack on a vital link to our supply, the venezualian election and OPEC decision to adjust the output (which actually is kind of a moot point as most of the OPEC companies are producing more then their quota).

·
what the deuce?!
170 Posts
bout 1.70 here on a good day. i remember back when it was 70c for premium :(

·
Banned
400 Posts
Try Nassau or Suffolk county on Long Island, we get raped the most. $2.15 here for 87. $2.40 or something for Premium. Beat that.

I was so happy went we went on the road trip. In PA, I was paying $1.78, waah. I got spoiled.

·
Be Prepared, son.
613 Posts
If gasoline inflated proportionally to everything else, it should be about $4.00/gallon right now. IMO, it really should be that expensive, more like $4.50/gallon.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
AltimaRookie said:
If gasoline inflated proportionally to everything else, it should be about $4.00/gallon right now. IMO, it really should be that expensive, more like $4.50/gallon.
Dunno bout you, but I like saving money.

$2.03 is the best I've seen for Premium 93 here at an Exxon/Mobile

·
Rockin the Le Bra
1,016 Posts
^4.50 thats crazy. People start panicking when it goes over 2 dollars. 87 was 1.69 yesterday when I had a little less than a quarter tank, and I decided I was too tired from work to fill up and I'd fill up today. I go to school today to pay tuition and get my parking permit and the price jumped 11 cents. damn dependency on cars...

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Don't worry, gas price will stay relatively the same til end of the year even oil price hit $50.

We are closing in on the end of summer driving season which mean demand will soon go down and price will drop. But since oil is up, it'll offset whatever saving drop of demand provides.

·
Be Prepared, son.
613 Posts
Tex93Altima said:
^4.50 thats crazy. People start panicking when it goes over 2 dollars. 87 was 1.69 yesterday when I had a little less than a quarter tank, and I decided I was too tired from work to fill up and I'd fill up today. I go to school today to pay tuition and get my parking permit and the price jumped 11 cents. damn dependency on cars...
Not only that, but dependency on cars people do not need. How many people do you know that drive around with SUVs and Trucks, that complain when gas prices go up, but do not use the cargo capacity or the 4x4 capability of an SUV or Truck? What makes it even more amusing is people complain about gas prices but don't mind paying an extra $70 a month on insurance for the Truck or SUV. Or paying more in taxes when they purchase.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts