The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
big memeber
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend bet me 500 dollars that on opening day at the track i cant run anything under 17 seconds with a 5 spd altima nothing really on it though just wai and an exhaust do you think i can run someting under 17?

·
2,446 Posts
Your 93 SE 5spd should be in the mid 16's if I'm not mistaken. You just have to learn how to launch and what not.

·
Dirt Looks good Sideways
443 Posts
you'll run 16.7 if you can drive it well..if not 16.9...but if you dont just shoot yourself..by all means you should..gut the car to make sure..but you should be at 16.9 no problem

·
many words, few of wisdom
1,214 Posts
weight saving and high octane fuel along with a good launch would put you under 17, hope he didnt say anything about taking major weight out of your car

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Under 17 should be easy. My auto with pulley, short ram intake, GReddy (was installed the day before so ECU was not adjusted) ran 17.2

·
I'm The Yellow Member
5,268 Posts
If you're still not sure, get black SWA pulley, they're not noticible at all, no one will ever knew you had one..

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Taking out weight is a free way to faster.

A full tank of gas is about 100 lbs.
The spare tire is about 25 lbs.
Running on half a tank and taking out the spare saves you about 75 lbs. Floor mats is another 15 lbs. So now you just removed 90 lbs. Do you have tools in your trunk? Are you running a sub? Removing those items can save another 25+ lbs.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Mohamed said:
Your floor mats weigh 15 lbs.?! DAMN!! I've never weighed mine but I doubt they weigh anywhere near 15 lbs.!! :eek:
Yes, I have those heavy all weather thick rubber mats.

·
*Member*
253 Posts
15lbs! i don't know man... sounds like too much weight for just floormats... well, unless you have steal/aluminum floor mats.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
Your friend is either incredibly dumb or just has too much money. Usually people bet a car can't run decent times.......A 17 second car doesn't belong at the track. But take his money.

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
flarearrow said:
Yes, I have those heavy all weather thick rubber mats.
You're supposed to drain the melted snow out BEFORE you weigh them.... :D

·
big memeber
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well first off someone asked what he races he has a mazda rx7 (pretty fast, i think it runs mid 13.2) and second off he was running his mouth that the ka engine is a peice of shitand also that a 240sx would stomp my car in a race so i dont know what his problem was he prolly just got his dildo stuck in his ass

1 - 20 of 21 Posts