The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I currently have a WAI but I am about to install a 60MM TB. My question is: Will the Hot Shot pipe that connects the TB to the MAF still fit with the bigger TB?

My WAI is just a K&N filter right now but I was going to replace that pipe eventually and so I might as well change it when I do the TB.

Also Hot Shot is charging me 70 for the pipe. Is that a deal or is there a cheaper source?

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
just FYI..if you really want any benefit out of the larger throttle body you need to port match your intake manifold...:)..(just in case you wern't already planning this)

and yeah it'll connect fine..not like the metal has to connect to metal...there is a rubber fitting that goes between them..

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
on his 95, its not well known, but the metal he'll have to remove is very, i mean VERY minimal... mine was almost a perfect fit. i too have the hotshot and had to change NOTHING. just make sure youve got some long ass needle nose pliers for the clamps.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Where can I get my intake manifolds port matched?

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
you diy with a dremel and some patience. takes about 20 minutes. you stuff a rag into the manifold and then place a new throttle body gasket onto the manifold and trace the metal with a magic marker thats not covered by the new gasket. then CAREFULLY with a stone bit, shave only the opening that is marked by the marker. go down only far enough that you can finish the rest by hand with a fine file or some light emery cloth. try and polish the cut edge as good as you can. remember, aluminum is soft so use gentle pressure when cutting. sounds alot harder than it is. then vacuum out the shavings and remove your cloth. voila! ported intake. easy as pie.

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
yeah they were/are...^

and asleepaltima is right on in his directions...:D...nicely put..

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
I'm going to be doing a 60 MM upgrade on my gen 1, and from my research and talk, I've discovered that for all first gens, the intake is already bored to 60 MM to accomodate the bigger TB that the more popular automatic has. So if putting an auto TB on the manual car, it should be pre matched for you! (Thank you Nissan engineers!)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So AceAltima is saying I don't have to shave that metal right? It's already been done to the intake manifold but the TB is still only 55MM compared to auto's which already have a 60MM TB ?? I think I understand

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
hes right, UNLESS there is metal that is showing when the new gasket is on the manifold. thats the metal youll be removing when you "port" it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
okay so all in all.. I don't need to modify the TB in any way to fit the new intake pipe and when I install it if there is any metal showing around the TB's gasket, it has not already been ported, so I would have to do it. Straight! Thanks for the help!! I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
better flow. or more, however you want to look at it. not much by itself but in conjunction with other mods, its more noticeable. when i installed mine, i noticed slightly better acceleration and it cured the flat spot i got from the wai. not a noob question, a good, valid one. :)

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
i paid 50 for my tb but i have no idea what it would cost you where you are at... on a scale of 1-10, i would give it a 2 maybe a 3. all you need is an allen wrench and a nice breaker bar.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts