The Nissan Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
There is no substitute.
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in PA i heard the most tint you can legally have on your car is 70%... is this even worth doing? My car is black and it would be nice if i could make my windows black also to match. I dont wanna get an expensive tint job and then have the cops down the street make me tear it off. Anyone have a pic of a car with around this % tint?

·
Registered
17 Posts
It wouldn't even be worth it. You figure all it cuts out is 30% light. It'll be hard to even tell there's tint there. Check the state laws again. NH is incredibly hostile with everything, but allows 35% tint. If PA is more anal than NH I'll be amazed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Please DONT WASTE YOUR $. I live in VA and took my car to a tint shop awhile back and was VERY dissapointed on the 70$ "Legal" tint. Double check your laws...

·
Reppin Clarksvegas
1,024 Posts
i'm not like most people. i don't like dark tint so i have 70% even though my state law calls for 35%. i like the look of almost no tint but i also like the sun off of me. 70% tint doesn't necessarily mean 30% light transmission. if it is a quality film (i have Llumar) it can have a very high light rejection percentage and also a high heat rejection. also the UV ray rejection is excellent too. there are many advantages to window film, my main ones are to save my upholstery and to keep my car cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.

·
10,373 Posts
NYS laws say 70% tint is the legal limit (not 35% like everyone thinks). But i have 15% on my car all around for over 1 1/2 years. And i hav eyet to be pulled over for it.

If you really want to stay legal, go for the 70% tint. If it has uv protection, it'll be helping you out alittle.

·
910 Posts
NYS State Law Correction

That's not true...NYS state law states you cannot tint below the AS1 markin on the front window, and the tint above can be up to black out. The windows directly on either side of the driver (front windows) cannot be tinted at all. The windows directly behind the driver excluding the rear window can be tinted down to 35%, and finally the back window can be tinted as low as 2.5%. This is based on NYS Driver and Vehicle law manual. And if you ever do get pulled over and the cop tells you to strip it off right there, tell them no and write you the ticket. They don't have a right to tell you strip your vehicle without the order of the court. If you take it to court, however, be prepared to be told to strip the tint.

·
10,373 Posts
Re: NYS State Law Correction

JLewisinSyr said:
That's not true...NYS state law states you cannot tint below the AS1 markin on the front window, and the tint above can be up to black out. The windows directly on either side of the driver (front windows) cannot be tinted at all. The windows directly behind the driver excluding the rear window can be tinted down to 35%, and finally the back window can be tinted as low as 2.5%. This is based on NYS Driver and Vehicle law manual.
I have the 99-00 edition of the NYS Traffic and Law book also and unless mine is out of date on tint laws, it says in section 375, 12-b 1-4 (page 124) That any material on the side windows that has a light transmittance of less than 70% is illegal (unless there is a medical reason for it). The rear windshield, as long as the car has dual side mirrors, can be whatever you want.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.