The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I'm the drunk member
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to do something with rear deck while i'm installing speakers. And it led to more fixing.

Seats removed

I taped foam to the bottom of the deck, one layers is more than enough. It's really hard to put back with foam on it, clips wount lock, but as soon as both ends get under plastic covers and back gets under the glass everything is fine. Also brake light will hold it pretty tight, but two ppl must do the job, one guy must press deck down hard and another guy will install the light. Deck will be locked by the seat, it pretty tight but seat will go down.

Also it's a good thing to put 2 layers of foam in this place, because it rattles even when I hit it slightly.

And here is pics of finished deck. Sound almost perfect inside, only thing that rattles is all kind of thing I keep in the car and front doors, but I will put weather wrap on them and it should solve the problem.

Also it's a good idea to tie this metal tubes in the trunk together, belive it or not that makes a difference and prevents them hitting each other.

Half of the trunk was done with expandable foam, half because it was 1am and no chance to get more. Now only half of the trunk rattles. Also U know there is small space under altima badge and u can see it vibrate bad, so i filled it with pink foam really tight and solved the problem. Those license plate lights make alot of noise too, so I wrapped them with pink foam and now it sounds better. License plate was screwed tight and soundproofed with foam. Trunk latch was moved down and decreased some rattle.

Nexth thing I plan to do is to buy weather wrap and finish doors and maybe roof because I hear some bad rattle from it outside only.
Also I think it will be a good thing to fill spaces between sceleton on trunk lid, with expandable foam and put weather wrap on top.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
expandble foam=bad news. a while ago tried to repair a bashed up spoiler with expandable foam and then fiber glass and after like a week it cracked right through the fiber glass because it really never stops expanding

1 - 5 of 5 Posts