The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a wiring schematic/diagram for a 1985 Z (with external amp)? I have been googling for hours trying to figure out what the brown and brown/white wires are for and I can't find anything. I really appreciate any help.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much. This is the best one I have seen. I still cannot find the damn brown and brown/white wires on here though. I found another site that said they were positive/negative for the right front speaker, but I found that all the speaker wires went only to the amp under the passenger seat. The brown and brown/white wires we accidentally pulled were in one of the harnesses going to the head unit. I'm trying to figure out what they do. If their function is not needed for my use and setup, I'll tape it off and not worry about it.

·
6,365 Posts
if the brown was actually a faded red, I'd buy the RH speakers story. I cannot find any brown wires on the diagram FWIW.

How about process of elimination...what other wires were in the same bundle/harness/connector?

·
6,365 Posts
There's a brown/white wire coming from the driver door switch? Used by the voice module:

·
6,365 Posts
Awesome, I will compare that cluster with what I have. Would the wire harness for the voice warning unit by plugged into the stereo head unit?
See the first wiring diagram...it needs to intercept the driver door speaker to spit out it's voice commands. It should connect to the amplifier for sure. I haven't seen where the radio connects to the amp yet though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.